Complaint Review: 5545 bridgehead rd.shell gas station

• Reported By: Rene — pittsburg California United States of America
5545 bridgehead rd.shell gas station
5545 bridgehead rd. Oakley ca. oakley, California United States of America

5545 bridgehead rd.shell gas station defective gas pump oakley, California

On Oct. 11th I was putting gas into my Hyundai Santa Fe at the Bridgehead Shell gas station in Oakley Ca. I put the nozzle in the tank flipped the auto fill on and went to look to see if my winshield needed washing. The pump had put in about $6 when it shut off (normal stuff) i then walked back to the pump turned it back on and seconds later the hose splits off the nozzle and begins spraying gas all over the pump and back on my car. I begin to yell to the attendant to shut the pump off, they just look at me like im dumb so i have to run in to tell them to shut off the pumps. The pump was finally shut off but only after 11 more gallons spill out. $34 dollars and change is the total bill. (yes i was charged the entire total) The attendant and wife then came out. He took pics while she put the kitty litter on the ground. They then gave me a car wash so the smell would not be so bad. I then procedded to clean what i could on the inside as my windows were down to reduce the smell. as of Oct 14th i have not heard from Shell's owner and the # i was given they will not talk to me. is there anyone out there that has had a similar problem, or an Attorney interested in this matter. I also have a few cell phone photos.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/14/2010 12:01 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/-5545-bridgehead-rdshell-gas-station/oakley-California-94561/5545-bridgehead-rdshell-gas-station-defective-gas-pump-oakley-California-650903. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on 5545 bridgehead rd.shell gas station