Complaint Review: A TOW & STOW

• Updated: Sun, March 09, 2014

• Reported By: Scammed Again — Jacksonville Florida
A TOW & STOW
475 Tresco Road, jacksonville, Florida USA

A TOW & STOW Towing company in jacksonville Towing Nightmare jacksonville Florida

I went home early mid week as I was feeling sick. I didnt get out until Sunday to go to the store. Found out my car was missing. After calling 911 I found out my car had been towed. I called the company who insisted that I was given a 48 hour notice to fix the issue. As I didnt go out all week, i never got the notification that the sticker on my registration was missing. The company verified that the car registration was not expired but the sticker was missing.

Even though they had that information, they still towed my car and still charged me 200 dollars. I had to get a neighbor, who i didnt know properly because I am new to the area, to give me a ride to the location. The dispatcher said at 7:23 that they would have someone at the location in 45 minutes. I sat outside in the cold for 3 hours waiting for the driver to show up. I had to wait in a gas station because the location was in a deserted non lit area.

My car was towed from my apartment complex, where I live, pay rent, and they have my contact information. If there is an issue, it can easily resolved. I thought I had put the sticker on it, but I later realized that I renewed the registration online then moved. I never received the sticker in the mail, so I never remembered to put the sticker on. Going online I found out that they will send a copy of the registration but will not send another sticker. So I will have to check my car every day until I can renew my registration.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/09/2014 08:22 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/-A-TOW-STOW/jacksonville-Florida/A-TOW-STOW-Towing-company-in-jacksonville-Towing-Nightmare-jacksonville-Florida-1129478. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on A TOW & STOW