Complaint Review: ADT Corporation

• Updated: Sat, July 05, 2014

• Reported By: Alan ripped off by ADT — Palm Desert California
ADT Corporation
Boca Ration, Florida USA

ADT Corporation ADT, Protect Your Home rebate certificate ripoff, disgusting customer service, escalation to customer service manager, go away big business Boca Raton Florida

*UPDATE Employee: ADT Corporate Customer Relations

I purchased two security alarm systems from ADT, and was promised $300.00 in VISA gift cards. I had to remind the installing technician to have these cards sent to me.

Instead of receiving the $300.00 in gift cards, I received another application (after filling one out completely with ADT for my alarm system), and this application REALLY annoyed me as they now asked I submitt an additional fee ($5 or $10) in order to process the application for the gift cards.

I complained to the customer service department at ADT over 2 months about how they intentionally choose to make it another step in the process for people to get the money they have been promised. By asking people to fill out another form and also include extra cash, that is a way for this crafty organization NOT to keep their comittment to customers who are deserving of there cash incentive.

I called ADT today June  23, 2014, and demanded to speak to a customer service manager. I spoke to Barbara - customer service manager, and explained how LOW LIFE it is to have to go through extra hoops in order to receive what I have been promised.

I told Barbara that I have dealt with rebates in the past but never had to fill out extra forms and submitt extra money in order to get back what I weas promised. I told her how "crafty" and un cool that was to play those games with your paying customers. By having people go through extra hoops, ADT is certainly NOT having to honor its refund campaign... slimey slimey slimey way of doing business.

I guess Barabara must have agreed, as she stated that within 14 days from today that I would receive by $300 in the form of a cheque f4rom Defender Direct. Lets see what happens.

I write to let other customers or prospects oif ADT know that you have to waste at least one hour of your time on hold and speaking with customer service in order to have your rights and needs met. America really needs to donwsize the monopoly of big business as they only care about their share holders and not the people that are there customers.

I should not have had to contact two different customer service managers over the course of two months in order to get satidfaction. SHAME ON YOU ADT!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/23/2014 11:09 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/-ADT-Corporation/Boca-Ration-Florida/ADT-Corporation-ADT-Protect-Your-Home-rebate-certificate-ripoff-disgusting-customer-se-1156822. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ADT Corporation

ADT Corporate Customer Relations

AUTHOR: ADT Corporate Customer Relations - ()

Hello. My name is Andrew and I work with ADT's corporate office. I would like to apologize for the inconvenience and amount of frustration this concern has caused with both the Authorized Dealer and ADT. Please email us your contact info to AlwaysThere@adt.com and we'd like to follow up on this. Thank you. -Andrew