Complaint Review: American Express

• Submitted: Wed, March 01, 2006
  • Updated: Wed, March 01, 2006

• Reported By:evansville Indiana
American Express
Po. Box 297812 Ft Lauderdale, Florida U.S.A.

American Express Executive Travel Skyguide Ripoff fraudlent charge Ft Lauderdale Florida

I have a american Express credit card, today i received a bill from them in the mail, i opened it and seen a $65.00 charge, i knew that i have not used their credit card for any purchases lately, in fact the last time i used it was aprox 8 months ago.I read the bill, the charge was for a Executive Travel Skyguide, that tells you the time of flights and departure and prices, well
i have never flew and i never will, i have no use for a skyguide, but i have received 2 of them, it looks like you receive one every month.

So any how i called American express to dispute the bill, they were very nice to me about it and the young man told me that i will receive a credit on my next months statement and not to worry it has been taken care of.

I thought wow really easy to deal with these people, i was impressed, but after i got off the phone i decided to do a search on EXECUTIVE TRAVEL SKYGUIDE, this is where the rub came in... I found out that executive travel skyguide is FROM AMERICAN EXPRESS and is a business travel resource with information on flight schedules, including global flight schedules. hmmm they drummed up their own business and charged me for it.

im wondering how come they have the right to automaticly use my credit card number without my knowledge and make a charge in my name, on my card, without my okaying it and get by with it!

when i have no use for this service this seems like fraud to me, this kind of crap needs to be stopped from happening.

So please be careful and watch your billing statements from american express by making sure that you did make the purchases listed on your bill... if not dont hesitate to call them up and dispute the fraudlent amount. then file a complaint like i just did.

evansville, Indiana

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/01/2006 06:28 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/-American-Express/Ft-Lauderdale-Florida-33329-7812/American-Express-Executive-Travel-Skyguide-Ripoff-fraudlent-charge-Ft-Lauderdale-Florida-178840. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American Express