Complaint Review: B & R Enterprises

• Updated: Thu, September 05, 2013

• Reported By: matt — syracuse New York
B & R Enterprises
1591 County Route 38 Parish, New York USA

B & R Enterprises Bob and Ruth Wallace Promised to do excellent work and give me a bargain however took my money and did not complete the work. Parish New York

August 31, 2013

Syracuse, New York

Dear Sir/Madam:

Contractors Ruth and Bob Wallace d/b/a B&R Enterprises, were hired to do roof and various home construction repairs to my residence located at 1689 West Colvin Street, Syracuse, NY 13207. They had agreed to pay me back for materials which I paid (up front to the Contractors) upon receipt of my grant funds from Empire Housing and Development.  However, to date I have only received $2K by check given to me in May of this year.

The balance for my roof and other work was not paid back to me as promised, and the work was not finished though these contractors received several checks from Empire Housing and Development beginning in January and through July of this year, in the amount of $13k for materials to begin the work on my roof, and a total of $20,199 for the roof. (Please see the attached copies and receipts).

The roof was finalized and inspected, and final payment which included all roofing materials, was given to the contractors. (See totals listed). Checks were also cut in increments of thousands for the roof work throughout the process.

The Contractors refused to pay me for my materials as per our agreement and they have not returned to finish the rest of the work as required by the Contract. It is my understanding that the dates the checks were cut to the Contractors, B&R Enterprises for my roof are as follows:

1. Jan 11    $3, 632.
  2. Jan 25    $1,350.
  3. May 14 $5,000.
  4. May 15 $3,743.
  5. June 5   $3,632.
  6. July 11   $2,880.

Thank you for your time and assistance in the matter.

Sincerely,

Matthew J. Cohen

1689 W Colvin Street

Syracuse, NY  13207

Ph: 315-308-1796

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/05/2013 08:18 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/-B-R-Enterprises/Parish-New-York-13131/B-R-Enterprises-Bob-and-Ruth-Wallace-Promised-to-do-excellent-work-and-give-me-a-barga-1081866. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on B & R Enterprises