- Report: #1155266
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Desert Thunder Cycle
Desert Thunder Cycle3585 S. Maricopa Ave Lake Havasu City, Arizona USA
Desert Thunder Cycle repair Lake Havasu City AZ, Bone Daddy's Desert Thunder top end repair and failed, 2nd time failed again, would not stand behind repair -failed 3rd time - took to another shop that knows how to diagnose problem. Lake Havasu City Arizona
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
Bone Daddy’s Desert Thunder Cycle 9/22/2013
Lake Havasu City , Az updated 6/16/2014
I will start at the beginning – I brought my bike into your shop to be repaired. Mechanic found the broken piston. You ordered the 97 inch kit for replacement. Mechanic installed. I picked it up. I came back with pinging in engine. You had some adjustments made. Sent me on my way with instructions not to go over 3000 rpm. I made it not 10 miles out of town heading up towards hiway 40. Engine made LOUD PINGING AND CLATTER and lost power. I turned around and brought it back to your shop. Mechanic took apart and you called me to come to shop. You showed me piston. Same problem that I originally came to your shop with. [continued below]....
Now on second round I no longer have my 97 inch but you had to bore it out 10 over and get new pistons. I should have never agreed to this but I did. I was given bike and sent off – pinging and clatter – Rich actually thought it was the tail pipe hitting the frame and tied tail pipes up tight –
This did not help and was not the source of the problem. I estimate I came back at least 4 times or more to have adjustments to take the ping out. It never did go away. Now I have 1076 miles on engine and exact same thing happened. Loud pinging and clatter and loss of power.
I now know that your shop did not ever find the source of the problem but simply replaced broken parts with out knowing why. Your mechanic, (Dolan) , said to me that they do not know what caused it. It would seem to me that a mechanic would find the source and repair and not just replace broken parts and send off with customer.
I am not a mechanic and was relying on you and your shop to make a correct diagnoses and repair. This did not happen.
In 2009 I came in with soft tail heritage on tow truck. Left it there. Steve had mechanic tear down and they found source and repaired my bike. It cost me $2000.00. To this day that bike is running great. This is the reason I came to your shop.
I have spent approximately $1500.00 at your shop. I had to spend 5 plus more days for your second repair at a cost of over $100.00 a day for car rental, motel room and food. It cost me $750.00 for uhaul truck to get my bike from Sacramento to my destination in Monroe Wa. $275.00 for gas. Another $69.00 for room on road to Wa. $100.00 to get tow truck driver to move bike from u-haul truck into my barn. Now I have the additional expense of repairing this engine again. This time I will insist on mechanic finding the source of the problem. I fully expect this to cost to me another $2000.00.
Randy, I have been stressed out about this whole episode with your shop and would like your help with repair of my bike. What I would like from you is the following:
- You pay for new 97” kit $700.00
- Refund the $220.00 which I paid you in good faith on the second repair.
- Reimburse me $500.00 for room and rental car for the extra days I had to spend in Lake Havasu City waiting for second repair.
- Reimburse me $1194.00 for the rental of the u-haul truck, one night stay and gas to get my bike back to my destination.
- Labor for repair of installation of new 97” kit approximately $650.00 by another shop.
- Reimburse me the original amount I paid for repair of my engine in the amount of $1300.00.
- I am not putting any amount in here for stress and issues of breaking down.
- Total amount due $4564.00.
- Repair of engine in Kirkland , WA. Where they found a piece of metal in the engine (claking sound) under the piston and piston oiler not working. Now metal filings throughout engine and all bearings replaced and new top end with bill of $3900. Way over my estimate of $2000.
10. Total amount due $4564.00 + $3900.00 =$8464.00.
Randy, I feel that I was more than fair in the original offer that I sent you to settle quickly. You did not offer to negotiate or settle with me. This has upset me and caused me to lose sleep because of the issues created by you and your shop.
Randy, if I do not hear back form you in 5 days I am sending a copy of this letter to the Attorney Generals Office State of Arizona complaint department again and also the to Better Business Bureau and also will update on blog with yelp and also I am filing a report with Ripoff Report on internet. Also I am sure that I can find other places on the net to post complaints about your business.
I have contacted attorney in Lake Havasu that will take my case. He advised me to send you one more letter asking for you to settle with me.
Please give me a call so we can discuss.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/16/2014 04:02 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/-Desert-Thunder-Cycle-/Lake-Havasu-City-Arizona-86406-9113/Desert-Thunder-Cycle-repair-Lake-Havasu-City-AZ-Bone-Daddys-Desert-Thunder-top-end-rep-1155266. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.