Complaint Review: DirectTV Verizon (Bundle)

• Submitted: Tue, July 26, 2011
  • Updated: Tue, July 26, 2011

• Reported By: GrumpForAReason — Lynchburg Virginia United States of America
DirectTV Verizon (Bundle)
Newark, New Jersey United States of America

DirectTV Verizon ,Bundle, Beware DirectTV Verizon Bundle Overbills, & "the other guy did it" Newark, New Jersey

Verizon offers a service bundle that includes the phone and internet from them and Satellite TV from Directtv.  but all billing was handled by Verizon.  They quoted a price for the bundle but then nickle dime you with extra charges.  While I had the service the price almost doubled so I decided it was time to cancel  I called Verizon who referred me to Direct TV...their attempt to avoid cancellation.

.  Direct TV offered a "retain customer" discount for 6 months.  However, they apparently did not inform Verizon because there was no discount on my billings.  I waited on the billing adjustment which never came so I cancelled the service.  Verizon sent a final bill that came faster than their company telephone answering system which takes forever and maybe, though not likely you get someone in the US who actually speaks understandable English.  I got the guy in the Phillipines.

I paid my Verizon bill but then Direct TV which was never involved in the Billing process started dunning me for money even though I had paid the Verizon Bill in full.   That started the telephone go around with Direct TV saying Verizon never paid them and Verizon saying that the problem was between me and direct tv once I had cancelled.

The bottom line is I was Over-billed during the contract term and Double billed for the last month.  Somebody owes me but good luck determining "who did it."

Another Corporate Ripoff?  You decide.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/26/2011 12:16 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/-DirectTV-Verizon-Bundle/Newark-New-Jersey-07101-4732/DirectTV-Verizon-Bundle-Beware-DirectTV-Verizon-Bundle-Overbills-the-other-guy-did-756659. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on DirectTV Verizon (Bundle)