Complaint Review: Dump

Dump
10251 north freeway houston, Texas United States of America

Dump The Dump Does Not Honor Warranty houston, Texas

*Author of original report: Retraction of Report against The Dump in Houston

My husband has chronic back problems as a result of 4 back surgeries in the last 5 years. On January 22nd, I purchased a mattress from The Dump in Houston, TX for $800 with a 10 year warranty. At the time of purchase, we informed the sales person we did not require a box springs as we had a perfectly good set, less than 5 years old, that were a Simmons set. The salesperson informed us this would save us $200 on the sale and never indicated any issues this may create with the warranty.

On August 7th, after several months of the mattress getting increasing worse as far as severe sagging and the springs poking us in the back, we filed a warranty claim with LaKresha Nichols who in turn transferred us to the Houston warranty Department, Courtney Dixon. After 48 hours, a dozen photos, and a bedding questionnaire were submitted, we were informed that the factory denied our claim stating that our box springs were not the set that go with the mattress.

The Dump was curt to the point of rudeness and stated their hands are tied and this is not their problem. I attempted to reach the store manager Chuck Gore but was informed he would only be in the office during store hours on the weekend. I sent an email, which he read, but The Dump has terminated all communications.

We were prepared to accept store credit and purchase a higher grade mattress but at this point, we just want our money back. I've read numerous complaints online & how they get around honoring their warranty. I do not want anyone else to face this. The sales person did not tell us at time of purchase that if we did not purchase the box springs I would void any right to a warranty claim.I do not want to deal with a company that practices deceptive selling techniques.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/15/2011 11:30 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/-Dump/houston-Texas-77037/Dump-The-Dump-Does-Not-Honor-Warranty-houston-Texas-765370. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dump

Retraction of Report against The Dump in Houston

AUTHOR: Roger - (United States of America)

Since filing this report, the store manager and his staff have worked diligently to resolve my issue and to better explain the cause of the action.

Our mattress is being replaced and we are very satisfied to finally have this unfortunate incident behind us and look forward to our new mattress.  Thank you Mr. Gore for your assistance.  It is greatly appreciated.

thrown