Complaint Review: Frank Ettin

• Category: Lawyers

Frank Ettin Frank Loel Ettin Incompetent Laywer Fraud Livermore, California

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Supplement to Orginal Rebuttal

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: The Complaint Was a Complete Fabrication

I hired Frank Ettin because he claimed to be a copyright lawyer and familiar with international copyright laws and procedures. I paid him a very good sized retainer. Only to find out he has no clue about international copyright laws and
procedures. He has cost me hundreds of thousands of dollars due to his incopatance and mistakes.

He will tell you anything to get you to pay him but when it comes down to legal work he is a lair, lazy and incompetent.

On top of costing me so much money he will not return any of the money he was paid.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/12/2013 07:15 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/-Frank-Ettin/Livermore-California-94550/Frank-Ettin-Frank-Loel-Ettin-Incompetent-Laywer-Fraud-Livermore-California-1042695. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Frank Ettin

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Supplement to Orginal Rebuttal

AUTHOR: Frank Ettin - ()

I'm expanding on my rebuttal. First, I am listed on Linkedin, and details of my experience, as well as endorsements, may be found there.

Also, if someone has been damaged by the alleged misconduct of a California licensed attorney, his best recourse is to file a complaint with the California State Bar. The California Bar actively and zealously investigates complaints and takes disciplinary action against lawyers when complaints are found to be meritorious. Disciplinary action can include public reprovals, suspension, disbarrment and orders for restitution.

I have never had a complaint filed with the Bar, and certainly this complainant did not file a complaint with the Bar. Doing so is free.

I have supplemented my response because I just received a phone message from someone trying to extort money from me to "clean-up" this bogus complain. If anyone has a legitimate complaint against me regarding my professional conduct, I invite him to file a complaint with the California Bar so the matter may be addressed in the proper forum.

#2 REBUTTAL Individual responds

The Complaint Was a Complete Fabrication

AUTHOR: Frank Ettin - ()

I am Frank Ettin.

I retired from the practice of law as of 1 January 2007. I have accepted no clients since then. And indeed, I was never in private practice and never accepted private clients (except for some consulting work for other attorneys). And I would certainly never hold myself out as an expert in international copyright law.

In fact, the focus of my practice has been health care, insurance, corporate and regulatory law. My entire career had been spent as in-house counsel for, initially, Blue Cross of Northern California and then its successor companies. When I retired I was a Vice President of WellPoint, Inc.