Complaint Review: Johnney L. Givan

• Updated: Thu, February 14, 2013

• Reported By: Ed — Mabank Texas United States of America
Johnney L. Givan
105 FM 316 South Eustace, Texas United States of America

Johnney L. Givan DBA B&B Automotive,AKA B&B Auto Repair Dishonest Deviant Mechanic, Lied and Ripped us off for a $414.00 repair and stole $550.00 of my money Eustace, Texas

*Author of original report: "He yelled at my wife" !

*Author of original report: Would not answer door

*Author of original report: Scam Discovered

We had learned of Johnney Givan more than 2 years ago and had not needed him for over a year. Then: My truck had failed for the second time under the exact same symptoms. After a $414.00 on 1-14-13 repair and less than 2 weeks earlier and only 14 miles on the truck since he claimed to fix it.

On 1-24-13 at about 10 am Johnney Givan arrived at my home to inspect the truck for the second time under the exact same symptoms. He told me that my problem was a stripped cam gear and that even though the first repair failed that it was justified. [continued below]....

.....
He quoted $550.00 for the repair and demanded the money in advance to get the job done. Reluctantly,  I gave him a check for $550.00 and continued to ask further question about the repair involved. He gave me another rundown for the repairs that arose my suspisoins.
After Johnney Givan had left me, I called around and checked his synopsys with benchmarks who were independent. I reconsidered the repairs and I called Johnney Givan a couple hours later to stop the job. He told me in that phone conversation at 2p that it would be no problem to refund my money and that he would return it in a couple hours with my keys. Johnny Givan did not return my money or keys.
On 1-25-13 at 10 am and left him a message to get my money and then agian at 10:45. He answered and told me that he would have my money at 1pm and that I could come to his shop to get it. I arrived there at 1:25pm and he told me thatr he had not had time to take the parts back and I he woukld be to my housr in 2 hours with my money. Now this made me wonder why he lied to me the day before saying that I could have my money back with no problems. Johnney givan did not Show up to my house and I called him agian at 4pm and left him a message demanding my money.
The weekend passed and on 1-28-13 I made several attempts to his number and got only reported a recording stating that it was no longer accepting calls. At this time I figured out that Johnney had stolen my money. I called the County Sheriff, Local Police and recieved the sad news that Johnney Givan had had many complaints and was a known rip-off. Even the cleark at Judge Blayloch's office was moved by what this guy is doing to preople. I also learned of some very disturbing criminal behavior beyond defraud and stealing. The Sherrif added that there was nothing that he could do to help me. We had been robbed of $550.00
I spoke with Jonney Givan two more times on 1-28-13 and agian 0n 1-29-13, he has nothing but lies and excuses and then he lied on his own lies. I had demanded my money from him and in discust of his stench I left him. He even thretened to use the Henderson County district attorney to defend hiself because his wife works for the district attorneys office.
While my back was turned  and I was out of ear shot, he began lieing to my wife to gain sympathy and was all over the map with his lies. Johnney Givan did admit to my wife that he had to spend my money on his own bills. When She and I added it all up, we see that the most of all that he said to us was all lies. We now see that original repair of 1-14-13 for $414.00 from Johnney Givan does not have evidance of actually have been performed.
I am a disabled grandfather on a fixed income, who has little enough with out the scourge of the earth like Johnney Givan stealing from my family. He knows that I am physically unable to defend myself so he makes his family whole and comfortable upon the money of helpless men. How does a mans wife and family stand by a shameless man like this?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/31/2013 01:12 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/-Johnney-L-Givan/Eustace-Texas-75124/Johnney-L-Givan-DBA-BB-AutomotiveAKA-BB-Auto-Repair-Dishonest-Deviant-Mechanic-Lied-1006776. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Johnney L. Givan

"He yelled at my wife" !

AUTHOR: Veteran and disabled - (United States of America)

2-14-13 after 11AM, My wife was at work at a local retail outlet and while she was greeting at the entrance Johnney Givan walked in and said hey to my wife and looked surprised to see that she was standing there. My wife asked Hey Johnney wheres our money? Johnney Givan ignored her and quickly walked away.

About 15-20 minutes later, my wife was engaged in conversation with a regular customer of hers and as Johnney Givan was leaving the store he walked by he said to my wife when you get your lies off of the internet, Ill get you your money back. after a few steps later Johnney Givan turned around and hollered at my wife Im giving you 3 weeks and then I will file a lawsuit against you.

My wife has a signed public witness to Johnney Givans statements.

Johnney Givan has had 21 days to return my money and has not. I am not aware that he has made one attempt to return the money that he took from my family.

In the instances where I have been wrong and made mistakes in my life, I have found that it takes remarkable courage to 'Stand Up, correct my own shortcomings and mistakes'. At the very least 'try to make things right', at once.   - It is a man's CODE

All Johnney Givan, so far, has had the courage to yell at a woman', and that is not nearly the worst that I have heard him accused of. I have no respect for poor behavior in a man.

Farlex Free dictionary, legal terms:     -blackmail-
The crime involving a threat for purposes of compelling a person to do an act against his or her will, or for purposes of taking the person's money or property.

Would not answer door

AUTHOR: Veteran and disabled - (United States of America)

Stopped by 2-12-13 AM, to ask for my money. Garage was locked. Would not answer door. Hot truck was parked outside.

Scam Discovered

AUTHOR: Veteran and disabled - (United States of America)

With the help from the internet and my son-in-law, I did discover Johnney Givans scam and fixed the truck for the price of a distrubutor cap and rotor less than $70.00 for the better kit that I purchased. The cap is available from $30.00 &up. During the inspection Johnney Givans gave us on 1-24-13  he did look under the distributor cap and claimed that it was not the problem. The only thing I did to the truck after Johnney Givan left me in a lurch was to replace these parts. I then had the truck Inspected by another mechanic. My truck has not failed with over 200 miles being logged onto it since 1-25-13.