allowances

• Updated: Sat, December 29, 2012

• Reported By: Janet — Federal way Washington United States of America
Kroger Co
1014 Vine St.,Cincinnati, OH 45202 Cincinnati,, Ohio United States of America

Kroger Co QFC in Federal, WA 98023 QFC sold me Spoiled clams which gave me food poisoning, I wanted to die! Up alnite heaving etc. Cincinnati,, Ohio

*Consumer Comment: Eating Raw Shell Fish

June 16th,2012, I purchased "fresh clams" from QFC groc. store, that night I became so ill I wanted to die. Throwing up all night, spending the nite in there. I was so weak, I wasn't able to work the folowwing day, I phone my dr., the nurse asked me why I needed to come in, I told her and she suggested it was a bout of food poisoning, so I made a appt., for the soonest available, 3-days which by then I was felling fine.

I went to the QFC, left a letter to Mgr. describing what had happened.  No call, crickets... I went down there asked him if he read my letter, said "yes" & told me to call Cindy in Ohio, claims dept. I phoned her, she told me to Prove it was the clams, it was the only thing I ate that day w/pasta, clams linguine, I said. I also told her & the mgr. this was the second time, prior to this, I purchased a Bad lobster but said nothing at the time.  Anyone can make a mistake, but this is becoming a regular problem.  I still have the bad clams in my freezer for proof, 2 more items in my pantry, too old, the powder has turned to rock...Bad

I am upset not one person has even "Apologized", acted like they cared or even fix the problem...

They said I was the first to complain, I see how they can say that, they don't make it easy to file a complaint!  They probably tell everyone that when they call to complain.. I 'm 64, I could of died.  No I'm sorry, we'll look into it, nothing..accept tell me to "Prove" it. My dr. sent them a letter confirming it. I have complied with their every request & I have heard nothing.  I deserve better, I've been a loyal cust. over 20 yrs.  Shameless!!  I am devastated, I count on my work to pay my bills, they have cost me alot now.  I asked them to rimburse me..??? more crickets  I paid my dr. bill, but they need to pay for my clams, lobster & 1 days wages of $87., approz. $150 altogether, without the $120, dr. bill.  They cost me closer to $400 in total, but I take responsibility of my ownself, they need to do the same.  Act like Prosessionals.  Civilized professionals...

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/31/2012 12:10 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/-Kroger-Co/Cincinnati-Ohio-45202/Kroger-Co-QFC-in-Federal-WA-98023-QFC-sold-me-Spoiled-clams-which-gave-me-food-poisoni-920317. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Kroger Co

Eating Raw Shell Fish

AUTHOR: Stopwhinning - (U.S.A.)

Unfortunitily The FDA warns about the proper cooking of shellfish; it would be an uphill battle proving that you prepared them correctly, considering no one else got sick on the batch.

I don't deny that you got sick, I honestly have no idea. But the store isn't going to admit it and just hand over money ever with a doctors note. Small claims will cost you a minimum $200 if you choose to pursue it.