Complaint Review: MIDAS SERVICE CENTER, IL.

• Submitted: Sat, April 24, 2010
  • Updated: Mon, April 26, 2010

• Reported By: Ron — Highland park Illinois USA
MIDAS SERVICE CENTER, IL.
60 Skokie Valley Road Highland Park, Illinois United States of America

MIDAS SERVICE CENTER, IL. Changed oil & neglected to re-plug oil panin. Daughter's car destroyed! Highland Park, Illinois

Midas Service,(in Highland Park, IL. 60035 - our home town Midas) changed the oil in my daughter's Nissan Altima on 03-19-10. My daughter (Carly - High School senior) brought her car home, and parked it. The entire family left the next day for eight days in California. The car was untouched, at home, for those eight days.

The day after we returned, my daughter and wife noticed a small amount of oil leakage, and called me at my office and report. I planned to check this out after work.

Carly made several short trips in the mean-time. Her last trip was to a friends house about 10 minutes from ours. About 11 PM that night, Carly called and told me her car's oil light was on, and the car wouldn't start. I drove over. There was ZERO oil in the engine, the remainder all over friends driveway, and there was NO plug in the oil pan, just a hole where ALL the oil had drained out. Engine and car are now junk.

Midas franchise owner in Highland Park, IL., James Corollo refused to speak with me, and put mgr. Frank in charge of communications. After a week of "looking the situation over", I was told there was no way Midas was at fault. (?) WTF?

I received a call from Midas' "insurance agent" Trinity, claiming Midas was going ton do ZIP.

Common sense dictates that the oil was not secured and drained. How else would the oil-plug disappear?

I STRONGLY encourage anyone who might be in this area, and judging this case to be OK with the Midas Corporation, to avoid a Midas Service if you'd like to keep your auto healthy. It could have been your daughter or son who lost a car to their negligence.

Interestingly, the Asst. Mgr. at the location in question, told me he was "ashamed to work at that store. He, would have handled the situation differently".  The good guys & the bad guys.

In closing, thanks for reading this. To promote this injustice I've created: www.MidasReallySucks,com.  This link demonstrates the instances of Midas "screw-ups": http://u.nu/5tym8

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/24/2010 10:43 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/-MIDAS-SERVICE-CENTER-IL/Highland-Park-Illinois-60035/MIDAS-SERVICE-CENTER-IL-Changed-oil-neglected-to-re-plug-oil-panin-Daughters-car-d-596164. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on MIDAS SERVICE CENTER, IL.