Complaint Review: Mark Womack

• Updated: Mon, February 11, 2013

• Reported By: Lisa — Seville Ohio United States of America
Mark Womack
10 Raintee Road Mankato, Minnesota United States of America

Mark Womack I posted a saddle for sale on tacktrader.com and "Mark" sent me a fraudulent check for payment. Luckily I did not cash the check, however I want him reported and prosecuted for attempted fraud. Mankato, Minnesota

I posted a saddle for sale on tacktrader.com - "Mark Womack" responded to the ad saying he was interested in buying the saddle for the listed price ($400.00).  After a month of email exchanges regarding the delivery of the cashier's check, "Mark's" cashier's check finally arrived at my work.  However, the check was "purchased" by Cameron Theis and mailed to me from Janie T. Jones in Shreveport, Louisiana.  According to "Mark's" emails - the check was sent to me by someone else because "Mark" "was out of town."  He also instructed me that once I received the check that I was to "apply for a DEPOSIT and WITHDRAWAL slip and meanwhile, you can deposit the check into your account and withdraw cash instantly.  You may be charged for this service and I think it is about 2%-10%.  I have included funds for miscellaneous expenses and you can allow your bank to deduct the charges.arrangement [sic] can be finalized.  Let me know as soon as you have the cash so that I can email you the shipping company details that you have to transfer the balance on the check to."  According to another email from "Mark" "the shipping company want the shipping n [sic] insurance charges to be paid via Western Union or Money Gram before they will come pick up the saddle.  The information I have to send to you is of the shipping company after you have the check in your hand."  The shipping company "Mark" wanted me to use was World Class Shipping, a legit company.  However, no shipping company needs to be paid via Western Union or MoneyGram for shipping charges if you have cash in hand.  Also World Class Shipping does not come to you to pick up any items for shipping, you have to take the item to them to ship.  I took the check to my bank to verify that it was a legitimate check.  The check was drawn on SunTrust Bank - payable from Cameron Theis (who is this person?  I though Mark Womack was buying my saddle?)  SunTrust Bank does not have any branches in Minnesota (where "Mark" is supposedly from),  nor does it have any branches in Shreveport, Louisiana where the check was mailed from.  My bank branch manager called SunTrust to verify the routing number and check number and SunTrust has no such routing number, check number or person named Cameron Theis in their system having an account with SunTrust.  Clearly the check is a fraud.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/11/2013 11:27 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/-Mark-Womack/Mankato-Minnesota-56001/Mark-Womack-I-posted-a-saddle-for-sale-on-tacktradercom-and-Mark-sent-me-a-fraudulent-1012304. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Mark Womack