Complaint Review: Microsoft

Microsoft

Microsoft Customer NO Service, NO Support , Internet

*Author of original report: Accurate Information

*Author of original report: Accurate Information

*Consumer Comment: Another hint.

*Consumer Comment: Here's a hint.

Black Friday 2009 I purchased a Compaq Presario with Windows 7 Home Premium installed. Eventually I learned thatsupposedly one can send free faxes via the computer with the Windows Fax and Scan program. For some time, I have attempted to do this, but that program doesnot exist on my computer even though I have searched correctly--under All Programs and under Tools and with a Search on the computer. After trying assorted web "support," I finally decided to contact Microsoft.

First they make it difficult to contact them, and one can see why. I clearly outlined the issue and got my first stupid response yapping about how to tell if software is legitimate. I had established that fact as everyone knows there is a lot of bootleg product out there. So I hit reply and asked for the actual question to be answered. That one resulted in a response to call their support and the 800 number was provided.

Calling that number resulted in Microsoft shuttling me off to HP. When I called HP (and yes, I'll be filing on them as well), the SOBs wanted me to pay them pretending this was a "warranty" issue. It's not. The computer is not "broken." I can't tell with all this finger pointing by MS and HP WHO is reponsible--did I get a defective copy of Windows? What? So who is to blame. These idiots actually think that though I paid full freight for their products I should pay more because they have NO clue how to write clearly. They claim they have all these bells and whistles, but if you want help, they've got their hands in your wallet again.

My brother has an old computer with problems. When he's done pulling some important files off of it, he is giving it to me. I have had enough of the BS that MS pulls constantly. I'm going LINUX and we'll see if greed is not the dominant concern if it's possible to get computers to do things for affordable prices.

The more MS insists on spitting on customers and overcharging for things that cost them little because they're comfortable being the 800 pound gorilla, the more smart people are going to search for superior alternatives. MS may think it's king of the world, but let's think of the number of gigantic corporations that have lost market share or even tanked and there is one thing that unites ALL of them: lack of customer service.

MS your days are numbered unless you start doing your job: customer service first and hire some folks at all levels who can read, write, and think. This constant boiler plate knee-jerk nonsense wastes the valuable time of your customers and can easily turn them into former customers.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/07/2011 07:22 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/-Microsoft/internet/Microsoft-Customer-NO-Service-NO-Support-Internet-679857. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Microsoft

Accurate Information

AUTHOR: heyteach - (USA)

Tried a THIRD time with MS support--ridiculous to have to do that, but got a response from someone who actually is qualified for his job (and also not silly enough to share inaccurate views of other peoples' intellgence or provide inaccurate responses). To all Rip-off Report users who are legitimate, it can pay to read through the posts because you CAN find useful information--like what I'm sharing here from someone actually familiar with the product:

"Thank you for contacting Microsoft Customer Service.

I understand that you would like to send faxes by using Windows Fax and Scan application on your Compaq Presario CQ5210F Desktop PC. I would be glad to assist you with your concern.

As a Customer Service Representative, I am here to assist you in finding the right place to get help with your questions and provide resources to resolve your concern.

I would like to inform you that Windows Fax and Scan is an integrated faxing and scanning application included in some versions of the Windows operating systems like Windows Vista, and all the versions of Windows 7. Windows XP includes Fax Console instead.

To send a fax using your computer, you can use Windows Fax and Scan or other programs that you run on Windows. Before you try sending a fax, however, make sure that your computer is connected to a fax modem or fax server.

For more information on how to set up your computer to send and receive faxes, please click on the link given below:

To know more about how to send a fax from your Windows computer, please click on the link given below:

Please visit the link given below to know more about how to install, configure, and send faxes in Windows Vista and Windows XP:

To use Windows Fax and Scan on Windows 7 computers, please visit the link given below:

Additionally, I have provided you with the link which may help you on how to scan a document or photo with Windows Fax and Scan, please click on the link given below:

I hope this information is helpful. If you have any other customer service related questions, please feel free to contact us.

So, as usual, you just have to be persistent to get accurate information--or worthwhile comments.

Accurate Information

AUTHOR: heyteach - (USA)

"Thank you for contacting Microsoft Customer Service.

Another hint.

AUTHOR: Robert - (USA)

Windows Fax and Scan is NOT supplied with any HOME version of VISTA. Someone told you wrong. VISTA Business and Ultimate include the Fax and Scan software.

Here's a hint.

AUTHOR: Flynrider - (USA)

". Eventually I learned thatsupposedly one can send free faxes via the computer with the Windows Fax and Scan program."

You didn't "learn" correctly. You cannot do that with the operating system you are using.

Linux will eat you alive.