Complaint Review: Mr Lid Containers

• Updated: Mon, June 03, 2013

• Reported By: Charmainmae1 — milwaukee Wisconsin
Mr Lid Containers
P.O. Box 210827 Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53221 milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

Mr Lid Containers What a Scam...Mr Lid will Screw You Too! Reported Customer Loss = $200.00 milwaukee Wisconsin

Mr Lid looks like a great product and the offer looks good too. But beware…when you order the basic set they require you place your credit card and then they really bend you over. It’s not that I’m opposed to upsells, but what I don’t like are the deceptive practices. double your order, get this with free shipping, get that for half off, it’s easy to get confused. So at the end of the 10 step process when you look at your order…guess what? There is no way to cancel, delete items or make any changes to your order. Your card is billed automatically for the full amount, including the total of all the shipping fees.

But wait…I was supposed to get free shipping! Oh you will…as long as you go to this other website and go through another gauntlet of offers, hoops and BS. But it gets worse…rather than provide an “order confirmation” page, all you are left with is your total cost and a button then brings you back to the beginning again. No “place order” or “print your receipt” option so you are redirected back to start the process again and each time your credit or debit card is billed. I ordered 5 times because each time the amount did not equal what I had calculated and I finally gave up.

I tried to contact Mr Lid immediately to cancel the order and was told my order had been processed. I found that to be interesting since they offered express delivery for another $6.95 and I called within an hour but got the same VIP treatment. I was informed that the only way to get my money back was to have the product delivered and then call the company for authorization to return them. They refused not to process the order and said if I refused delivery it would make things even more difficult. What a fool I am to get hoodwinked again.

Well today my boxes showed up and though my bank account is $259 light, I accepted the shipment and called the company to pick up the order and refund my money. After waiting on hold to reach someone in the refund department I was again presented with “more deals”. If you keep the order we’ll discount the order but at that point I was fed up. The discount was nominal and still way more than advertised after shipping. And this is when I got mad…

“Okay” they said…now you’ll need to bring these HUGE boxes to the post office, UPS or FedEx and send them back, pay the shipping and then we will refund your money. She told me it would likely be around $12. Really I asked…then why are you charging me over $90 to ship it here? Why can’t you have someone pick them up? “Oh” she said, “the company won’t pay for it”. This company is a complete rip-off…their website, pricing and procedures are very crooked and I suggest you stay as far away from them as possible…

Bob Costello

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/03/2013 10:52 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/-Mr-Lid-Containers/milwaukee-Wisconsin/Mr-Lid-Containers-What-a-ScamMr-Lid-will-Screw-You-Too-Reported-Customer-Loss-2-1056157. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Mr Lid Containers