Complaint Review: National Accreditation for Colleges & Schools, Inc.

• Submitted: Mon, December 19, 2011
  • Updated: Mon, December 19, 2011

• Reported By: anonymous — Chicago Illinois United States of America
National Accreditation for Colleges & Schools, Inc.
P.O. Box 673656 Internet, Illinois United States of America

National Accreditation for Colleges & Schools, Inc. National Accreditation for Colleges & Schools National Accreditation for Colleges & Schools, Inc. lies and will take your money, no refund Internet, Illinois

Our experience is very similar to the other Rippoff Report for
National Accreditation for Colleges & Schools
(NACS). I was basically sold on the fact that they were a cheaper alternative for other accreditation services and would be recognized by the  Department of Education. However in the end I was taken for several thousands of dollars with absolutely nothing to show for it

Well, after nearly completing the process for accreditation I called the Department of Education just to ensure that NACS was going through the process of becoming officially recognized by the DOE as they stated  previously and to my surprise they didnt even have an application on file with them.

I called Dumas the CEO and he stated that he just had found out that there application had been rejected but he promised he would be approved in the next six months. The problem being that I have been tracking NACS progress since July of 2009 and Dumas they have been six months since June of 2009 when I was first contacted by him.

When I told Dumas that I wanted a refund he told that I  would most likely be able to receive a partial refund. Many of the fees that I paid where in advance of the accreditation visit and board meeting time so I at least expected get those back. However a week later I was told that my refund request had been denied completely by his board. This is contradiction to what Dumas told me in the previous conversation That at he works with schools  to give them at least a partial refund. His BBB account is a sham; all of his complaints have been unsatisfactory resolved.

I have left many voicemails and emails and none of them ever get returned. The next step is going through the GA attorney general. I was mislead and cheated. This company is a complete fraud.

I have complained to the DOE contact person handling their case. I think the best course of action at this point is for everybody to contact the Department of Education Accreditation Department and inform of the unethical business practices. I know that there is definitely some type of  fraud here, everything they do seems to be a little off.

Im really kicking myself in the head for not doing a better investigation of them on my part. Ive never even seen their office but can confirm that they use a P.O. Box for a mailing address.  NACS Accreditation tries to sell itself a small school friendly Accreditation but they are nothing of the sort.  Even if you go through his accreditation you still wont be to collect Title IV funding because he has no interest in becoming recognized.

In total Im down about 6000 and that amount is not really enough to sue over just enough to
hurt.  Basically this guy will lie to you and take your money. I also have to call in question any of the Institutions associated with NACS Accreditation, I think this whole thing is a scam.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/19/2011 10:27 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/-National-Accreditation-for-Colleges-Schools-Inc/Internet-Illinois-/National-Accreditation-for-Colleges-Schools-Inc-National-Accreditation-for-Colleges-811270. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on National Accreditation for Colleges & Schools, Inc.