Complaint Review: Regency Beauty Institute

• Submitted: Tue, August 21, 2012
  • Updated: Thu, September 06, 2012

• Reported By: addie1250 — Arkansas United States of America
Regency Beauty Institute

Regency Beauty Institute I was a victim of Bullying!!! By staff and Students!!! Internet

*Author of original report: Regency has contacted me and is helping resolve my issue.

*UPDATE Employee: Feedback on your experience

I started at Regency Beauty Institute in Fall 2011, I was very excited and spent a lot of money on clothes I was required to wear to school and school supplies. I ended up only staying at regency for 1 month and I'm going to tell you why.

The very first day of school I was one of the very few caucasion people in my class. I have a very outgoing personality and usually being a minority wouldn't slow me down at all. Unfortunatly the other girls wanted to smack my smile right off my face. They made me feel like I was a 12 year old with acne and braces. I was cussed out in front of the instructor (who did nothing) I had a group of girls corner me in the bathroom and throw tampons at me. I made 3 emergency counseling sessions with our family therapist during my month there. I approached my instructor, the principal, my financial aid advisor, my student advisor and the head of the company. All promised that they would take care of it but it only continued to get worse. My last week at regency I cried the whole way home and I cried myself to sleep at night. I finally put my foot down and decided there was no way I was going to put myself through that anymore. I quit going to Regency. While in school I made nothing less then a 100% on every assignment. I managed to look put together every morning when I arrived at school 10 minutes early. The other girls were loud, obnoxious, ghetto and rude and were favored by the instructors. It was pathetic. I now attend a university in my area and have amazing grades and get a long with everyone. It is not me, it is Regency. I beg you not to go there. Oh, I also didn't mention. They billed me 5,000 dollars after only going there a month. I'm very tempted to sue..

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/21/2012 10:55 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/-Regency-Beauty-Institute/internet/Regency-Beauty-Institute-I-was-a-victim-of-Bullying-By-staff-and-Students-Internet-930693. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Regency Beauty Institute

Regency has contacted me and is helping resolve my issue.

AUTHOR: addie1250 - (United States of America)

A very nice woman who is head of the appeals commitee at Regency is helping me solve my issue. She has submitted my appeal to see if I am eligible for a balance waiver. She is the first person at Regency who seems to genuinly want ot assist me. I still stand by what I said, that my experience was traumatic and very difficult to handle, but I do appreciate Mrs. Nicole Davis for assisting me and trying to find a resolution. Hopefully I am one of the last problems they have with bullying and it will no longer be an issue at Regency. Keep in mind, I attended this school over a year ago. The appeals coordinator assures me that they are changing policies all the time so that bullying is no longer an issue. I still feel that it is important for others to hear my story, so that they ask the right questions and talk to the right people before attending any school.

Feedback on your experience

AUTHOR: Regency Beauty Institute - (United States of America)

We appreciate your feedback, and were sorry to hear that you had a less than positive experience.  At Regency, we take student concerns seriously and when an issue is brought to our attention and we have specific information to follow up on, we will do so.  Anyone who has a concern is welcome to reach out to us at any time via their student advisor or via regency@regencybeauty.com.