Complaint Review: The Characters Club

• Updated: Sun, July 07, 2013

• Reported By: Leanne — Jackson Michigan
The Characters Club
614 San Fernando Rd. San Fernando, California USA

The Characters Club Joseph Sabag The Character club gave me a poor return on my investment! San Fernando California

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Official And Confirmed Characters Club Out Of Business

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Characters Club No Longer In Business

*Author of original report: Still a ripoff!

*Consumer Comment: It is a failed marketing

I received a solicitation in the mail to join The Character Club. I don't remember exactly when. They claimed that I would see a return on my investment, after following their instructions. I paid them a total of $4,807.95, by phone, using my credit card.. This was supposed to cover everything. This included names and addresses, all in Michigan, plus promotional  and printed materials. They were supposed to call the people or businesses that their mailing lists generated, and set up everything. I also distributed printed material(s) to names and addresses that they gave me  My husband also distributed printed material at his job ( Ford Michigan Assembly Plant).The only return that I received, was 5 checks totaling $251.14. And this was only after I complained to them 5 times. I haven't heard from them or received anything from them since April 1st, 2013. I wish that I could get my investment back. I don't know if I can complain to my credit card about this fraud, as they did everything that they said they were going to, except generate the supposed profits!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/07/2013 03:48 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/-The-Characters-Club/San-Fernando-California-91340/The-Characters-Club-Joseph-Sabag-The-Character-club-gave-me-a-poor-return-on-my-investme-1065064. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The Characters Club

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Official And Confirmed Characters Club Out Of Business

AUTHOR: jim - ()

It's official and confirmed that Characters Club LLC is no longer in business.  However the other two companies are still in business.  Licensed Cartoons Corp. and Famous Characters Inc.  File A Complaint With The California BBB.  This might be Fraud.

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Characters Club No Longer In Business

AUTHOR: jim - ()

I was a member of Characters Club.  Joined June.11, 2012.  Ordered the starter Kit only, so the loss is not that bad.  Attempted to go in my back office and the site is no longer available.  Not sure if they are in business.  The reason for writing this rebuttal.  Beware Of The Following Companies who are doing the same type of business with the same marketing materials.  Save Your Money.

Famous Characters

Famous Characters

20631 Ventura Boulevard

Unit 304

Woodland Hills, CA 91364

Just received a direct mailing from the following Company

Licensed Cartoons Corp.

6308 Woodman Ave Suite 217

Van Nuys, CA 91401

Note:  All these addresses are the addresses of Post Offices so when you see a Unit # followed by the addresses, that is really their P.O Box.  If the company also uses a Suite, again it's the companies P.O Box.

All three of these companies located in California (Characters Club LLC,  Famous Characters and Licensed Cartoons Corp. are all using similar marketing materials which I find a bit odd and think they are all one company going under different names and founders.

Had the opportunity to send a Email to Licensed Cartoons Corp. on December.7, 2014 and to my surprise received a reply this morning December 8, 2014 in regards to the three companies.  They are claiming that these are three different companies operating in the state of California and I could check with the BBB in California.

Anyone who has done business with any of these three companies should file a complaint with the BBB in California.  These companies claim to be BBB Accredited Businesses.

Still a ripoff!

AUTHOR: Leanne - ()

I don't care what they say. They promised large returns, and I never saw them. I bugged them repeatedly, and only received a little over $300, on a $4800 investment? Thery are a scam, pure and simple!

It is a failed marketing

AUTHOR: MochaG - ()

They was and intended to generate profit for you, but they were doing a type of solicited marketing plan which won't work nowadays but rather annoys people. They always entice others by telling them that they "will" generate profit. What they fail (or ignore/deny) to tell these people is that the plan is "unlikely" to suceed because most people already knew about this type of marketing plan and were no longer interested. I am sorry to hear that you were their victim. At least your report will serve others as a warning before they make their decision. Thank you.