Complaint Review: "Two Of Us" Dating Services, Together Dating Services

• Submitted: Mon, January 05, 2009
  • Updated: Sun, October 14, 2012

• Reported By:Los Angeles California
"Two Of Us" Dating Services, Together Dating Services
10866 Wilshire Blvd. Ste. 565 Los Angeles, Encino, California United States of America

Two of Us Dating Services REVIEW: TWO OF US Dating clients can feel safe confident & secure when doing business with TWO OF US, commitment to total customer satisfaction. TWO OF US Dating recognizes that complaints posted on Ripoff Report (true or not) are issues that need to be addressed and if handled correctly can be valuable learning opportunities. Two of US Dating is one of the few remaining brick and mortar introduction services. Nationwide
*UPDATE: TWO OF US Dating recognized by Rip-off Report Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation & Customer Program as a safe business service - TWO OF US pledges to always resolve any issues. Clients can feel safe doing business with TWO OF US Dating

*Consumer Suggestion: Changed Your Life? Mine for the worse!

*Consumer Comment: Two of Us changed my life

SPECIAL UPDATE: October 14 2012: Two of Us Dating remains committed to increased customer satisfaction and has improved their business practices over the years to better serve their customers. Two of Us Dating is truly dedicated to making sure their customers are satisfied and that any complaints which do arise are addressed promptly and fairly.

To date, Two of Us Dating has made good faith efforts to resolve all complaints reported on Rip-off Report. Based on our experience, the member business has proven to be among the top members of the Ripoff Report Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation and Customer Satisfaction Program as a Verified Safe Business.

Over time and since becoming a member, Two of Us Dating has remained actively engaged and improving the way they address customer service complaints. As an active and current member of the Ripoff Report Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation and Customer Satisfaction Program we are happy to report that now more than ever Two of Us Dating remains committed to improving customer satisfaction.

Remember, no company or individual can ever satisfy 100% of the people 100% of the time. There are no products or services that will always be perfect for everyone and even the best companies will receive complaints from time to time. However, by participating in the Corporate Advocacy Program, the member business has made a commitment to working with its customers to resolve complaints quickly and fairly whenever possible.

Please keep in mind that as a consumer you have some responsibilities as well. Success has many definitions that based on your past experiences, current situation and your perceived expectations. Success with any product or service is always based on the proper application and understanding. The fastest car will not run if you never turn the engine on. Look at how you used the product or service that was provided in relation with the instructions that you received. The Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation and Customer Satisfaction Program will help you get your voice heard but please be prepared with documentation and fair representation of your concern, also have an idea of how the company can fix your concern. Can they offer additional services, extend warranties, offer a fair refund or just get you talking with someone that can help. ..let them know and let us know!

*Any consumer not receiving satisfaction from a member of the Corporate Advocacy Program should email us at editor@ripoffreport.com
 Two of Us Dating is Rip-off Report Verified

Ripoff Report REVIEW:

Editors UPDATE: Positive Rating and Recognition has been given to Two of Us for its Commitment to Excellence in customer service.

Rip-off Reports review of Two of Us uncovers an ongoing commitment to total client satisfaction. This means that clients can expect the company will always work towards finding a mutually satisfactory resolution to any complaints or concerns. Two of Us listens carefully to client concerns and sees them as an opportunity to learn from past mistakes and become more effective as a provider of personal introduction services.

One top executive of the company stated to Rip-off Report, that Two of Us aims to be the number one brick and mortar personal introduction service, stating that Two of Us strives to be the very best in member satisfaction. We want our members to not only have successful matches, but be pleased with their total Two of Us experience --- from their first contact with the company, until the very end.

Rip-off Report has confirmed that Two of Us takes its member services department very seriously. Two of Us has recently put a lot of effort into ramping up its matchmaking team and fine-tuning all member experiences with Two of Us staff. Rip-off Report was pleased to learn that the companys past and current approach to business is focused on its pledge to total commitment towards client satisfaction.

Two of Us recognizes that complaints posted on Rip-off Report (true or not) are issues that need to be addressed and if handled correctly can be valuable learning opportunities. With the feedback generated by Rip-off Reports Investigation, Two of Us has made organizational changes allowing their members a more personal approach the introduction services and a total overall commitment to each members experience.

In summary, after our investigation, which included discussions with Two of Us Senior Management, Rip-off Report is convinced that the company has been and is committed to quality delivery of services resulting in total client satisfaction.

Read about Two of Us .. see their websites and the services they have to offer.. .

Read more about Two oF US Dating Commitment to Excellence and Total Consumer Satisfaction and why consumers should feel safe, confident and secure when doing business with a member of Rip-off Report's Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation & Customer Satisfaction Program. ..yes, a long name for a program that does a lot for both consumers and businesses alike.

Read about Rip-off Report Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation & Customer Satisfaction Program,..A program that benefits the consumer, assures them of complete satisfaction and confidence when doing business with a member business. this program works.

===================== NOW TO THE ORIGINAL REPORT THAT WAS FILED

===================== Together Dating Services,"Two Of Us" Dating Services Total Fraud, Do NOT buy their sales pitch! -Exorbitant fees, misrepresentation of and failure to fulfill services as promised Los Angeles, Encino California

This company has clearly been built on and profits by acquiring enormous fees ($1,800-$25,000!) during an initial very aggressive sales pitch in advance for promised services, NONE of which are provided once they've received your money. Please, please do NOT make the mistake of being convinced by their membership sales people.

This is NOT a legitimate matchmaking service, they are only out to collect your money, the rest is a lot of paper shuffling, and completely inappropriate "matches" that are mailed to you (you are never able to view photos of your matches in advance, nor are you able to view any of their clients' photos before or after becoming a member.

I unintentionally contacted Together Dating Services through one of their many aliases, "www.hermosasingles.com". (Please Note: Together has recently changed it's name to "Two of Us", or added yet another bogus Co. name to its list of names under which they may collect funds from trusting clients. They advertise under countless different names).

I thought this was a small, personalized online dating website. Instead, after filling out an "application" that needed to be "accepted", I began receiving numerous phone calls from Together, as they were "very excited" to have me as a member. It was a bit misleading, but I thought, why not, and went ahead and made an appt. at their Wilshire Blvd. offices.

Basically, they scam you from the start. Consumers, please beware of ANY dating service whose 1st line of questioning is: What is your credit card #? / What is the limit on your credit card account? / What is your annual income, etc. I was taken aback immediately by these questions, and told them I wasn't comfortable giving out that info. without knowing more about their company first. At that point, they gave me an extremely long & detailed questionnaire to fill out w/personal details, likes & dislikes (do you believe in sex before marriage, scale of 1-5 how important is religion to you, what physical features are you looking for).

Because of the depth of the questionnaire and the very accomodating & kind staff, I somewhat disregarded my initial skepticism toward their obvious interest in making money off of a new membership (their membership staff receives bonuses for making sales to new members, and they are very convincing).

I went into a sales manager's office, where she has a wall full of cards, etc., supposedly from succesful matches made. She pulled out an enormous binder of "profile pages," explaining that they are still in the process of getting all of their client profiles online (how can they be efficient matchmakers when they're sifting through hundreds - thousands of pages in an old worn binder? Easy answer: they don't. They just mail off whichever newest member signs up to you as a "match", whether they meet your criteria even REMOTELY or not (in my experience, none of the matches they sent me made a bit of sense when compared to my requested preferences).

It's a pressured sales pitch, and I was offered a lower fee and additional free matches to sign up on-the-spot (they will do anything possible not to let you walk out the door without having handed over a load of cash, and a credit card #). Because of my hesitation I opted for the 50% up-front payment method, (experience has taught me not to pay in advance for services not yet completed). I have since put a stop on my credit card so that they cannot continue to collect $ from me, but now I am receiving harrassing calls from their hired collections agency! (which no doubt receive LOADS of their business).

Readers, if anyone can offer advice on how to deal with this situation I would be grateful! While I do not want to pay this scheming fraud of a company another dime, I also do not want my credit score ruined; do I have any options here, or must I pay them despite their completely misrepresented "services" & "quality clients"?

Together has you sign a contract, and I believe they are in breach of their contract. They have failed to send me any matches that were even mildly close to what I had requested. Also, both of the 2 men I was willing to go out with told me that I was the first and only woman they've met through the service that they wanted to see again (one had been on 8 other dates!!! Everyone's story was the same; they all wanted their money back, and/or had already contacted the service to put their memberships on hold, because they could "find better people on their own". The 1st guy I went out with (who remains the only awful date I've ever really had) told me he'd received more than the # of matches he'd purchased (for $7,000!!!), but they were still sending him matches (probably because they can't get any of their clients to stay active for very long!).

Lesson learned, and I hope that this will dissuade any of you from being taken in by Together Dating Services (sales office on Wilshire, but L.A. matchmakers based in Encino), "Two of Us", and hermosasingles.com.

Anon Los Angeles, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/05/2009 03:36 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/-Two-Of-Us-Dating-Services-Together-Dating-Services/Los-Angeles-Encino-California-90024/Two-of-Us-Dating-Services-REVIEW-TWO-OF-US-Dating-clients-can-feel-safe-confident-amp-s-408299. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on "Two Of Us" Dating Services, Together Dating Services

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Changed Your Life? Mine for the worse!

AUTHOR: Amanda - (U.S.A.)

Anon, I'm with you and many others from various states that have made complaints of the same kind against Together aka Two of Us.

Trulymade, You Must Be The Exception to the Rule!!!!! And I am happy for you. But you are in Florida not Los Angeles, or Maryland or Virginia. Maybe you got lucky with the people working that particular office.

I encourage everyone who feels that the company didn't perform up to expectations to take them to Small Claims Court. Unfortunately the amount of money we paid, which varies widely, doesn't qualify us to sue in any other type of court. Fortunately, Small Claims Court is the people's court so no lawyers can be involved. And, it is cheap and easy to file a claim.

I am a victim of the California service. I recently wrote them a letter to demand a refund. They have not responded. But now I can file my claim in Small Claims Court. The Court likes to see that you have made an attempt to demand and resolve the issue before going to court.

There have been some class actions, usually brought by the Atty. General of the particular state. The few cases I found online were favorable to us, the consumers.

I gave up on a vacation to find love through this service!!! Now I'm miserable having to fight them to do right by me.

Amanda

Two of Us changed my life

AUTHOR: Trulymadly - (U.S.A.)

I'll keep this short and sweet. I met my husband through Two of Us. When I 1st started, I was skeptical and hesitant and nervous and on and on. Dating, putting your heart on the line and taking a chance can be risky, but I'm forever grateful to Two of Us... as are 1000s of people like me.

Consider this... out of 1000s of members, one complaint should be considered and respected, but not used as a reason to discredit a wonderful company that saved me, and so many like me, from loneliness.