Complaint Review: White Flower Van Lines dba Blue Jay Van Lines

• Updated: Sat, January 19, 2013

• Reported By: Swindled — Monterey California United States of America
White Flower Van Lines dba Blue Jay Van Lines
21777 Ventura Blvd Ste 212 Woodland Hills, California United States of America

White Flower Van Lines dba Blue Jay Van Lines Use This Company If You Never Want To See Your Furniture Again or Pay Double Money to Leave Your Furniture Behind Woodland Hills, California

I used this company for an out-of-state move. I arranged the move of a 3 bd home and 2 cars, coordinating everything with Maria, my "personal" agent/coordinator in the office. I flew to California to finish packing and then wait on the movers and car transporter to arrive.  The 3 movers (Eric ..in charge and 2 illegal aliens ... a couple of Mexicans he'd picked up in his area to work for the day... I know this because I asked) showed up with a listing that was approximately 1/4 of the items I had discussed with Maria.

I called the office and couldn't get Maria on the phone.  Eric told me that he had to work from the list he was provided.  In order to add any more items I needed to get a new quote and contract.  I was told in order to ship everything I wanted it was going to cost me almost triple what was agreed upon.  They showed up to move a little bit of living room furniture and some bedroom items.  That meant my washer/dryer and many other important items... basically my whole house wasn't going any where unless I paid much, much more.

I was livid. I was able to reach the office manager there, which did me no good.  It was either pay more or they were leaving the stuff.  Being that I had a flight back to my new destination in 2 days, I had no time to locate another moving company.  I made a fast decision to ship what I could and had to contact Good Will and just give away the the furniture I couldn't afford to ship.  I was expecting the transporter they arranged, per Maria, to arrive the next morning.  No transporter ever came.

I tried desperately to reach Maria.  She was out. She went home sick.  Then, I was told she was let go.  Then, I was informed that no transporter was ever arranged because their company didn't provide those services.  I scrambled to find a transporter myself and couldn't.  I had to miss my flight because of the issue and purchase another ticket some days later to go home.  I had to end up leaving my car keys with a neighbor.  I finally found a transporter after I had travelled back home.

Some weeks later, a new White Flower driver arrived at the new destination with an Old Man and a Boy he'd picked up locally to unload all of the items from the truck.  They refused to unload anything until I had forked over Cash or a Cashier's check.  I had the check, but I was pissed about the whole moving experience thus far.

They supposedly unloaded everything and left.  There were so many boxes, but by the time I got through everything, there were so many important items missing.  There were also a lot of items broken and damaged. I contacted their office to complain and filed a report/claim online like they asked with photos. I have never received a response to this day. I feel like the business tactics they use are straight fraud, strong-arming and theft.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/19/2013 10:56 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/-White-Flower-Van-Lines-dba-Blue-Jay-Van-Lines/Woodland-Hills-California-91324/White-Flower-Van-Lines-dba-Blue-Jay-Van-Lines-Use-This-Company-If-You-Never-Want-To-See-999727. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on White Flower Van Lines dba Blue Jay Van Lines