- Report: #1039730
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: AAMCO-Waldorf
AAMCO-Waldorf2455 Old Washington Road Waldorf, Maryland United States of America
AAMCO-Waldorf No repair, no parts!!! Waldorf, Maryland
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
I will give credit where it's due, my van was towed from my home and taken in- no charge.
My transmission was busted. After the diagnostic "service" and I was quoted for the repairs of over $2000 for a 1999 vehicle and was too high for me to pay in a reasonable time frame. (The cost was close to half of the vehicle's value, and I had no plans on keeping it to the "lifetime" warranty).
After a lengthy haggle from the shop rep to get it repaired any kind of way- which was still too expensive, he let the matter go. All I had to do was pay the diagnostic fee and get it towed home.
And this is where things went sour:
1. I did not receive a report as to what was wrong with my transmission.
2. The attitude change from the staff went from all text book to downright neglectful.
3. The Tow truck driver did not give me the extra time to get to my home and move some other vehicles about my yard which i was less than 10 minutes away. I arrived, the van was delivered and it was literary threw it in my driveway where i did not want it to be (with no transmission since i could not move it under power.
4. The Tow truck driver in his haste scraped my full sized van that I had purchased while the mini van was in the shop and left a trail of red paint along the side.
5. Lastly, the transmission casing was left in the trunk area with NO internal parts whatsoever! I am sure that some of the components were usable, and I WANTED to see the damaged ones.
In the time that has passed, I have had many offers from potential buyers even if they hand to make repairs but no one wanted to be stuck with a full rebuilt transmission purchase.
I learn to let some things go and is the past 5 years I did my best to do just that. However this mini van is still in my yard unmovable and it's a constant reminder how I got the shaft with no gear lube.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/01/2013 12:01 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/-AAMCO-Waldorf/Waldorf-Maryland-20601/AAMCO-Waldorf-No-repair-no-parts-Waldorf-Maryland-1039730. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.