Complaint Review: Dave's Auto Sales

• Updated: Tue, December 24, 2013

• Reported By: Mary — Bridgeport Connecticut
Dave's Auto Sales
1564 Madison Ave. Bridgeport, Connecticut USA

Dave's Auto Sales Wrong diagnoses and unnecessary car repair Bridgeport Connecticut

On May 06, 2013 I drove to the Dave’s repair shop because I had a trouble to start my car for a few days.  Dave called back on the next day stating that starter needs to be replaced.

After I picked up the car from the shop I only drove twice during month of May. Then I left on vacation. After I came back on June 20, 2013 the car did not start again and I called Dave Paulo. He said to come back to his shop. My neighbor was able to jump start the car and I drove myself again. In Dave’s shop he said it need further evaluation which probably a separate issue and will require to pay additional money. I refused to leave the car because it is the same issue with her car and I felt that Dave take advantage the situation.

Than I decided to check the batter and went to the Advance Auto Part where they confirmed that battery was defective and exchange on new one (receipt from the store is available). After that I never had any problem with the car.

In conclusion I am 78 years old women and does not understand mechanical problem. Dave’s shop made wrong diagnoses and unnecessary repair without checking battery first and even broke my speedometer. I am using my car once a week for grocery shopping and even the car is 17 years old it doesn’t have a lot of miles - 92000miles.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/24/2013 07:21 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/-Daves-Auto-Sales/Bridgeport-Connecticut-06611/Daves-Auto-Sales-Wrong-diagnoses-and-unnecessary-car-repair-Bridgeport-Connecticut-1109621. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dave's Auto Sales