Complaint Review: South Beach Skin Care

• Updated: Mon, October 28, 2013

• Reported By: Andrew — STUART Florida
South Beach Skin Care
1909 Tyler Street Hollywood, Florida USA

South Beach Skin Care Lifecell Whoa, an unexpected credit card charge of $189.00 Hollywood Florida

*Author of original report: Follow up

Sent for a skin care product that sounded legit.  Sample cost about $5.00.  Used it a while and it didn't work.

Received a credit cart bill listing $189 for the product.  Called the company and asked why I had an unauthorized charge on my bill.

They said it was part of the agreement;  I told them to cancel anything to do with this company and asked how I could receive a credit for $189;  a girl named Sylvia said I would have to return the product.

I immediately mailed the product to them and that's where it stands.  I don't trust them and will notify the credit card company tomorrow and relate my story.

The "sample" was the actual product and VERY overpriced;  as far I was concerned, it is worthless.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/28/2013 02:27 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/-South-Beach-Skin-Care/Hollywood-Florida-33020/South-Beach-Skin-Care-Lifecell-Whoa-an-unexpected-credit-card-charge-of-18900-Hollywo-1095192. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on South Beach Skin Care

AUTHOR: Andrew - ()

I called my credit card company and told my story.

They were in full agreement with me and asked for a tracking number;  I returned the product "certified mail receipt" and gave that number to the credit card agent.  She said that if I did not receive a credit within 15 days, the credit card company would credit me.

I asked why Hollywood Skin Care would accede so easily and was told that Skin Care has to make full disclosure and failure to do so makes it probable they would cave.  Full, clear disclosure seems to be the key in getting your money back.