Complaint Review: Swedish Southwest ER

• Updated: Fri, July 12, 2013

• Reported By: Mshoe — Lakewood CO Colorado
Swedish Southwest ER
6196 S. Ammons Way Littleton, Colorado USA

Swedish Southwest ER Charge $1602.74 plus $246.00 ( Doctor) for a 5 minunte visit. Littleton Colorado

Overchargeing for Services. I stop in the Swedish ER center to have my foot check on a Sunday. I check in and was take to a exam room, the Doctor check my Foot wrote a RX ( less than 5 minunte), then I was release.

After paying $300 before they would see me, I received a bill for ER service $1602.74 and a doctor bill for $245.00. Calling the billing department they said that the charge per some AMA table.

How can it COST $1602.74 plus doctor fees for 5 MINUTES thats $19,250 for the ER and $2,950 for the Doctor per hour. I asked before the service how many it would cost, reply we do not know! Someone must know as the send me a bill.

This is some of what wrong with our Medical care system they can change what they want, with out telling what is cost is before the service!

M Shoemaker

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/12/2013 09:15 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/-Swedish-Southwest-ER/Littleton-Colorado-80123/Swedish-Southwest-ER-Charge-160274-plus-24600-Doctor-for-a-5-minunte-visit-Litt-1066442. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Swedish Southwest ER