Complaint Review: The Art Institute Of Pittsburg online version

• Updated: Thu, July 04, 2013

• Reported By: G Lucia — Bayside New York
The Art Institute Of Pittsburg online version
420 Boulevard of the Allies, Pittsburgh, PA 15219 Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania USA

The Art Institute Of Pittsburg online version AKA Art Institute online My daughter applied but never attended as a student and I am listed as a cosigner Pittsburgh Pennsylvania

*Consumer Comment: questions

I am filing a report on behalf of myself and my daughter against "The Art Institute of Pittsburgh "online version. My daughter applied to the school, but NEVER actually took any of the online courses. We had tried many times to contact people in order to resolve this issue, but had not been succesful till now. I was finally able to contact a person by the name of David Read, who is in the dept of Finance, I requested copies of proof that my daughter actually took courses and at first he kept changing the subject. I was eventually able to get copies of some electronic info, but nothing actually showing that my daughter actually took and completed theses courses. I have been paying $58 a month in order to prevent Sallie Mae from placing negative marks on my credit report or my daughters. The so called loan started at around 4k , with interest from Sallie Mae it now up to 7k and change, and my waisted payments have not put a dent in this bogus claim. Sallie Mae, continues to harrass my  daughter, myself and my 81 year old mother in Florida, by leaving threatening messages and calls. I strive to have decent credit, but due to this fraudulent issue , it has made it very difficult and stressful. This stress is affecting my health, andwe need help in resolving this issue. I did some research and noticed that both the Art Institute as well as Sallie Mae, have many law suits against them for fraud. I would appreciate any legal adivice that would help us resolve this issue and help us prove that my daughter has never taken any courses from this so called online school. Thank you in advance for any help you may provide.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/04/2013 09:15 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/-The-Art-Institute-Of-Pittsburg-online-version/Pittsburgh-Pennsylvania-15219/The-Art-Institute-Of-Pittsburg-online-version-AKA-Art-Institute-online-My-daughter-appli-1064404. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The Art Institute Of Pittsburg online version

questions

AUTHOR: Jeanski - ()

There is some key information missing from your report.

If your daughter was awarded a loan, she (and you if you're the cosigner) would have had to sign a promissory note for it. That would only happen if your daughter was actually enrolled and registered for classes.

Assuming your daughter registered and then decided not to attend, she would have had to withdraw before a certain date in order for her loans to be returned to the lender.

Sallie Mae has very low loan rates. There is no way your principal would have increased unless you missed a lot of payments and the late fees and interest were added back to the loan and then capitalized.

Can you explain any of this by way of dates? If your daughter withdrew, does she have paperwork to prove it? That will go a long way towards supporting your claim that the loans are bogus.

DISCLAIMER: I do not now, nor have I ever, worked for Sallie Mae or the AIP.