Complaint Review:

• Updated: Thu, May 08, 2014

• Reported By: Elizabeth — Jersey City New Jersey
, Select State/Province USA

Lori Evnas Viacom Voice Over Scam New York City New York

I was walking to work when this guy asked me on 33rd and 7th where Sephora was. I told him where to go and he stopped me and asked me if I was interested in voice overs. I told him it was an interesting career and it sounds cool and wanted to walk away because I was feeling nauseous. He said his name is Lori Evans.

This guy was utterly charming and very professional. He bent over backwards to prove he wasn't some weirdo thief by showing me business cards. He claimed he works for Viacom and that he's a senior vice president and he even called Viacom and let me listen to it to show me that it was all for real. He then proceeded to talk to somebody over the phone letting them know that my voice was very unique and that nobody can know that he met me on the street and insisted that it be said I auditioned for it. He also told her that my voice sounded like a monkey and that it would be perfect for cartoon voice overs.

He refused to give me a card, his phone number, email address or anything else. He said he was going to 'hook me up' with broadway tickets and I laughed.

Unfortunately, I was under the influence of previous night's parties and I was strangely feeling charitable and gave him the whole $380. I figured (in my horrid inebriated state) "who knows? he can be for real".

Now I feel suckered.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/08/2014 07:51 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r//Select-StateProvince/Lori-Evnas-Viacom-Voice-Over-Scam-New-York-City-New-York-1145008. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on