Complaint Review: 1-2-3 Auto & Truck Rental, LLC

• Updated: Mon, August 30, 2010

• Reported By: ANNOYED — Manhattan New York United States of America
1-2-3 Auto & Truck Rental, LLC
4833 Collins Ave Ste 3 Miami Beach, Florida United States of America

1-2-3 Auto & Truck Rental, LLC SCAM.... SCAM.... SCAM.... RENTERS BEWARE Miami Beach, Florida

Hmmm.. where to start.. I was on a business trip in Miami and I stayed at the Miami Beach Resort and Spa.  Upon arriving there, I realized there was nothing close and needed to rent a car for the weekend I would be staying.  So conviently, I went to the car rental company located on the lower level of the hotel called 1-2-3 Auto & Truck Rentals.  They charged me rates double what I could have been charged if I had rented a car for from the airport, but decided to suck it up and rent the car anyway, due to convience.  I rented the car on friday and was returning the car on sunday, as stated in the rental agreement, due to an early flight I was catching monday morning.  When I went to return the car Sunday, I realized they were closed.   I called several times, only to get a mailbox that was full and couldnt recieve anymore messages.  So I called the hotel front desk, only for them to tell me that they arent open  for business on Sundays.  My question is how can you have a RENTAL AGREEMENT that states when to have the car back, and then your closed.  So Monday morning I proceed to leave the car with the hotel valet and head to the airport to go home.  Once I arrive home, I contact the car rental company to make sure they recieved the car.  The lady on the phone tells me they did recieve the car, but it had been in a accident.  I was NOT in any car accidents.  So she proceeds to tell me they have to check the cameras and she will call me back.  I never recieved a call back , but after close monitoring of my credit card realized I was charged again another amount by the car rental company.  So I proceed to call and inquire about the charge and the manager or boss named George, proceeds to tell me that the car was hit and I was responsibe.  When I was trying to drop the car off in person on sunday afternoon, for the look over, there was no damage to the car. Its not my fault they were closed.  I should not be held responsible for the time after the car was due back till the time they recieved it.  I held up my end of the rental agreement, by trying to return it on time, when both parties would have been present for the look over.  I feel as if they are SCAMING me, due to the fact that I live in another state and would have no way of seeing or disputing the damage.  How do I even know if there is any damage?? They could be falsely making everything up, to make a couple of dollars?? Or if it was hit, it could have been hit in the valet.  When asked to see a copy of the estimate (car damage), the video survalience footage, photos of the damage, etc, I recieve nothing and am told to keep calling a lady named Diana, who never answers the phone.  So when I confront George again, he keeps telling me to call Diana, and when I tell him I will not call her again because she never answers the phone, he proceeds to tell me she is on vacation.   It has been over 2 weeks and I have not recieved any proof of damage, TOTAL SCAM in my eyes. DO NOT RENT OR DO ANY TYPE OF BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY.  THEY WILL SCAM YOU.  BEWARE.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/30/2010 07:47 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/1-2-3-Auto-Truck-Rental-LLC/Miami-Beach-Florida-33140/1-2-3-Auto-Truck-Rental-LLC-SCAM-SCAM-SCAM-RENTERS-BEWARE-Miami-Beach-Flo-635621. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on 1-2-3 Auto & Truck Rental, LLC