Complaint Review: 1 800 GOT JUNK

• Updated: Sat, June 22, 2013

• Reported By: Western Massachusetts —
1 800 GOT JUNK
Internet USA

1 800 GOT JUNK Customer service lied about price Internet Springfield, Massachusetts

I called 1-800-GOT JUNK to remove a small number of large items from my home. As other customers have written, they give you a price range and explain how they do their estimate (guys arrive, they estimate, then do the job -- estimate is based on how much room your stuff takes up in their truck).

I very carefully explained that my load was small. The guy on the phone said that the lowest price is $129, which is for 1/8th of the truck. I asked for the next price up, but they only give out the price for 1/4 of the truck ($289), 1/2, 3/4, and a full load; there are many smaller increments in between. The rep wouldn't quote me the next increment, but went on to explain why he can't give me an exact quote over the phone -- which of course was not my question. That's a little slimy.

I booked the appointment. You get to pick a time slot, and I arranged for 10:30-12:30 on a Saturday. They're supposed to call 15 minutes in advance of arrival. Early in the day, around 10, the local office called to say they'd be at my place between 12 and 12:30. I said okay.

Then they called at about 11:30 to say they'd run into delays and wouldn't be arriving until between 1 and 1:30. I had a lot to do but said okay, since I'd put everything together for them to take. Then they called around 1 to say it'd be between 1:30 and 1:40. They finally arrived at 1:46.

The nice guys came in and looked at my very small pile of things, and promptly said the cost would "probably" be either $189 and and the next increment, which was over $200! I asked about the $129 price. He said that was for one item. WHAT? A total scam!! I sent them away and told them maybe to tell the home office not to lie to customers on the phone.

NEVER AGAIN! Will go with a local, non-chain service instead. PS -- their truck was not shiny, as the rebuttal comment from the company says. Personally, I don't care if the truck is shiny. I just want people who will show up on time, at least APOLOGIZE for how late they were, and charge me a fair price. At this rate I'm willing to pay more just to keep this company from getting my business. DON'T USE THEM.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/22/2013 10:59 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/1-800-GOT-JUNK/internet/1-800-GOT-JUNK-Customer-service-lied-about-price-Internet-Springfield-Massachusetts-1061247. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on 1 800 GOT JUNK