Complaint Review: 1-800-flowers.com

• Submitted: Fri, February 12, 2010
  • Updated: Fri, February 12, 2010

• Reported By: SF — Bay Area California United States of America
1-800-flowers.com

1-800-flowers.com Total ripoff! Delivered a fraction of roses advertised and received sky high prices!! Internet

1-800-flowers.com is a complete ripoff! I ordered a bouquet of roses to be sent to a relative for Valentine's Day and the site advertised 60-80 roses for the large bouquet. I chose the small bouquet (only two sizes available) which I assumed would be AT LEAST 40-50 roses.  They get delivered today and I find out that they only got 22 roses (for the price of $65) with tons of baby's breath and leaves to fill in the spaces and the bow they put on the vase overpowered the flowers because it was so big! Not once did I get any kind of notice that they had run out of roses or couldn't fulfill my order. They just go ahead and send a fraction of the roses I ordered/paid for.

PLUS, this is the second time they've messed up. The first time, the roses never got to my recipient! They claimed it was due to poor weather conditions. Psh! I got my refund for that first debacle and I insisted on redelivery or full refund on this second disaster. Just because they are receiving high volumes of orders around the holidays doesn't mean they can just skimp on the orders, thinking that we won't know what they're sending!! 1-800-flowers shouldn't take orders if they can't handle the customers! I am so done with this company.

DON'T use this website if you want your order to be right!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/12/2010 11:10 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/1-800-flowerscom/internet/1-800-flowerscom-Total-ripoff-Delivered-a-fraction-of-roses-advertised-and-received-sky-568948. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on 1-800-flowers.com