Complaint Review: 1 And 1 Internet, Inc.

• Submitted: Sat, January 26, 2013
  • Updated: Sat, January 26, 2013

• Reported By: Guy — Clayton North Carolina United States of America
1 And 1 Internet, Inc.
701 Lee Road, Suite 300 Internet United States of America

1 And 1 Internet, Inc. 1&1 Unethical salesman Internet faked an agreement which resulted in bogus charges of hundreds of dollars Internet

*UPDATE Employee: The Truth

Salesman at 1&1 MyWebsite supposedly called me a year ago and supposedly got me to agree to a service which I did not ask about, did not request, did not want at any point in time.  Based on a false (probably faked) agreement, they have charged me $19.99 per month for a whole year.  When I challenged this, they answered that they have my consent via a recorded phone conversation with said salesman.  I advised them that this must be fake, because I would have never entered into such an agreement for a service that I never wanted nor ever accessed.  I asked them to let me hear the evidence.  They replied that the only way that I would get that would be with a subpoena or court order.

I have learned FROM THEIR OWN BILLING DEPARTMENT that if salesmen from 1 and 1 Internet, Inc. calls, one should not attempt to talk to them because they are skilled at phrasing their questions in a way to frame your rejection of an offer as consent for unwanted services.  In addition, they supposedly review their own recordings to make their own determination of validity and will not give you the opportunity of challenging their findings, which of course will only be favorable to them.

Be warned: 1&1 is engaged in disreputable, unethical, unlawful sales practices.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/26/2013 08:14 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/1-And-1-Internet-Inc/internet/1-And-1-Internet-Inc-11-Unethical-salesman-Internet-faked-an-agreement-which-resulted-i-1003756. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on 1 And 1 Internet, Inc.

The Truth

AUTHOR: Happy Employee - ()

I currently am one of the internet salespeople that this consumer mentioned, for 1and1.com. I feel that I need to set a few things straight about our company.

First, this customer states that he was billed 19.99 a month and never agreed to this. This is not possible. When discussing our program with a potential customer, we explain that they are either going to receive a 30 day free trial website or a 30 day money back guarantee.

Second, in order to process a customers order, we are required to obtain a preferred method of payment from the customer. We do this with a Visa, MC, Amex, or Discover card. The only way to sign up for and receive the offer is to provide us with a validate, active credit card.

Third, once the credit card is processed we read a very thorough quality control statement. In the statement we verify with the customer their title with the company and ask three times if they understand what they have been offered. In the QC we advise that we will bill quarterly and that this is a 12 month agreement.

There is no way that this customer received our product without knowing what he was signing up for. When we send out the initial email with the product link, we also include all of the information that we have discussed with the customer.