Complaint Review: #1 Discount Tax Return Service

• Submitted: Sun, March 13, 2011
  • Updated: Sun, March 13, 2011

• Reported By: brandice — Moline Illinois United States of America
#1 Discount Tax Return Service

#1 Discount Tax Return Service Free-Tax-Return.com Do NOT use this company to do your taxes! Internet

After seeing this company listed on the IRS website I decided to use them thinking it would be a reputable website. I completed my taxes online using this company's website and paid $34.98. After a couple of days I decided to check the status of my return using there website and saw that my return was denied. I went to there " Rejected Federal E-File" section but could not find the answer as to why my return had been rejected. I then proceeded to there" Ask Question" section and saw that it was $8.99 to ask a question.

I then proceeded to find an 800 number to call all with out success. I then decided to request a refund. After 8 day I finally got a response stating that my request for a refund was denied and to see the "Support Home." After receiving this response I then sent a question not knowing if I would be charged another $8.99 from this company asking for a full refund of fee's paid as I no longer wanted to use there service and was very unhappy with this website and lack of information for the customer.

After another several days I got a response from " Carmen" saying only to see the support home page. I then contacted the Truste website listed on the bottom of the #1 Tax page and got an response a few days later stating that it was out of there scope but would forward the information to the website. That was over 2 weeks ago and I have never gotten a response. All I wanted was my money back but now I am scared that my personal information may be stolen by this website. I am also very disappointed that the IRS would list this on there website without any research. Please do not do business with this "company."

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/13/2011 01:19 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/1-Discount-Tax-Return-Service/internet/1-Discount-Tax-Return-Service-Free-Tax-Returncom-Do-NOT-use-this-company-to-do-your-taxe-705461. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on #1 Discount Tax Return Service