Handle

• Submitted: Sat, December 29, 2007
  • Updated: Sat, December 29, 2007

• Reported By:Hernando Florida
#1 Dollar Store; Howard's Fleamarket
6373 Suncoast Blvd. Homassassa, Florida U.S.A.

#1 Dollar Store; Howard Fleamarket in Howard Fleamarket CONS my 11 year old son out of money!!! Homassassa Florida

I took my son to Howard Fleamarket today. He had $20 to spend. After purchasing something for a dollar we went to the "#1 Dollar Store" which is located at the corner of L Row and the Main Fleamarket Isle. My son saw a toy gun for $2 and went to pay. I watched my daughter who was going to throw away a soda cup. My son had, in his pocket, $19 which consisted of a ten, five, and four ones. He went to hand the lady two ones but mistakenly gave her a five and a one. The lady immediatly placed the money in the stack of money that she had in her hand. He told her that he mistakenly handed her a five and one, as he noticed as it was leaving her hand.

She argued that he didn't. He told her yes, as that was what was on top of the pile.

She argued some more.

My son got me. When I confronted her about it she told me no, that he must have dropped the money. I said no that he had it when we talked up. Than I told my son to give me the money. I explained by showing what he had left. She called her husband and they began speaking in there native language.

I further explained what had happened to the husband.

He told me that they were not going to give my son his money back.

She than changed her story and told her husband, in English, that she had given my son $2 back in change. I pointed out the change in story. Still they refused to give my son his money back or compansate him in any way.

I to them "what happened to 'the customer is always right'"? Than I said that we would not shop at thier store ever again and we left.

All these people had to do was to try to appease the situate or show some sympathy towards my son; instead they made my son out to be a liar and took him for his money.

DO NOT SHOP at these people's store if you go the this fleamarket!!!

Thier store is called #1 Dollar Store and they are located at the corner of the main isle and L Row.

Velinda
Hernando, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/29/2007 05:26 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/1-Dollar-Store-Howards-Fleamarket/Homassassa-Florida-34446/1-Dollar-Store-Howard-Fleamarket-in-Howard-Fleamarket-CONS-my-11-year-old-son-out-of-mon-295536. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on #1 Dollar Store; Howard's Fleamarket