Complaint Review: 1. First National Bank of Marin, 2. Peoples Credit First, 3. American Credit Solutions

• Submitted: Sat, July 31, 2010
  • Updated: Wed, August 11, 2010

• Reported By: bonnie — coal township Pennsylvania United States of America
10 south market street shamokin, Pennsylvania United States of America

1. First National Bank of Marin, 2. Peoples Credit First, 3. American Credit Solutions rediculous changes to thier policies shamokin, Pennsylvania

my complaint is as follows;i opened a checking account with first national bank about a year and a half ago.the first problem i encountered was when i wrote my son a check out for 35 dollars and sent him to the bank to cash it.they did cash the check for him however he was told the next time he would be charged a 10 dollar fee because he didnt have a checking account with them. this was my money which there was over 5000 dollars in my account. i called them about this fact and was told they had changed thier policy.now the real problem that i just recently encountered with them just happened yesterday  july 30.my son is mentally disabled and my five year old grand daughter who lives with me was born premature. they both recieve ssi benefits which i deposit into my checking account. i am the payee on thier checks. iam the only one who can cash them.every month i deposit them into my account with no problem. this month i took thier checks with a deposit slip to deposit them like i do every month. this time i was asked by the teller if i had a poa paper. i did not understand what he was getting at until he finially said he needed papers to deposit the checks. i told him the checks are in my name which gives me power of attorney and this was not mandated by the social security adm. or i would have been notified.he refused to deposit them and he would not cash them, which forced me to close out my account and open another account at a different bank which gave me no problem at all.i was very upset and stressed out over this it was rediculous to say the least .it seems to me they didnt want my business and used any bogus policy that they could think of.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/31/2010 10:35 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/1-First-National-Bank-of-Marin-2-Peoples-Credit-First-3-American-Credit-Solutions/shamokin-Pennsylvania-17872/1-First-National-Bank-of-Marin-2-Peoples-Credit-First-3-American-Credit-Solutions-re-627996. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on 1. First National Bank of Marin, 2. Peoples Credit First, 3. American Credit Solutions