acquired

• Updated: Fri, March 26, 2010

• Reported By: Isabelle — Port Richey Florida United States of America
1 Publishing - Publishers Clearing House
720 Winners Circle, Internet United States of America

1 Publishing - Publishers Clearing House,lay away new products. Publishers CH new computer battered/Happy Stick Sad, Internet

I paid on the eventual delivery of a new, or reconditioned NEW compter for over a year. It came with disks for trials of programs. It was delivered  without set up or order information except the box. It has XP and iwas easy to load free Office.com. etc.,a plus.  But, this is in no way a new computer. It has a very worn case with someones nametag heavily scraped off on the top corner: The Joystick like mouse (t looks like a pencil eraser) fuzzy with wear and does not seem to work. The Joystick is very Sad..me too.

The Dell (nice big screen) came with free Netzero (which I have not been able to remove from open Screen. I use and pay for AOL which I can access on dial up as well as on Bright House hi speed (my main computer). I used AOL to set up and copy some of the programs (I hope free). I suppose I could not get tech support if I wanted because any changes I made (AOL) nullify contract etc. etc. I did get a 98 start up repair disc. good for 180 days tech support? I suggest everyone buy a piggy bank, save up and take the cash to to Dell.

I was also ripped off by another of their scams last to this year. A nice little sewing caddy. It cost me $29 once for about a $14 item; delivered months after the order. Then I paid a late fee. Somehow the money order receipt got lost and I ended having to pay for it again. This went on from May until Feb of the next year 2010. Because of the time lapse I had thrown away the money order receipt for the first payment. There will be no third purchase.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/26/2010 04:45 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/1-Publishing-Publishers-Clearing-House/internet/1-Publishing-Publishers-Clearing-Houselay-away-new-products-Publishers-CH-new-computer-585957. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on 1 Publishing - Publishers Clearing House