Complaint Review: 1 Stop Title

• Updated: Wed, October 10, 2012

• Reported By: CT — Sioux Falls South Dakota United States of America
1 Stop Title
235 Fort Pitt Blvd. internet, Pennsylvania United States of America

1 Stop Title David Mitchell, Candice Weir, James Dunn, ESCROW FRAUD internet, Pennsylvania

Worldwide Management Group listed out of Boston Ma, contacted us about selling our timeshare.  After checking with the BBB of Ma and getting an A+ rating we decided to do business with them.  They were just the front men for the actual scam.

1 Stop Title in Pittsburgh PA. is the title and escrow company. We call the BBB of PA and they had no report on 1 Stop but stated this didn't really mean anything just that they were not registered with the BBB.  We requested a copy of the business license from 1 Stop.  1 Stop sent a copy of their business license, looked right with state seal and signature and all (ended up being bogus- who knew).

Lots of phone calls, emails, web sites with account information. All looked really good. Then the request to send money to Mexico  for the transferr of title. There was a written guarentee of reimbursment of this fee at closing. As the timeshare was out of Mexico this didn't seem unreasonable. The amount was not huge. So we did the wire transfer.

Then the hook, 4 days before closing another emergency notice about a new Mexican tax law requiring a big amount of money be transferred or closing couln't happen.  Our local news had just carried a story about a Ca women in the same spot who had lost almost 10k in this kind of scam. So the light went on and I really started digging.  Even though we were reassured by the administrative assistant the everything was fine and the escrow company and their lawyers were meeting to clear this up.

After hours of phone calls, press this number for this service, I finally got connected to a gentleman in banking at the department of state at the state of Pennsylvania. Wonderfully helpful man.  He is the one that identified the license as bogus.

I called and emailed 1 Stop Title and per the agreement requested a refund.  A Mr. Shaw, as Mr. Mitchell and Mr. Dunn were in Mexico closing on the properties HA!. offered to see that my money was refunded.

That was four weeks ago and although I still send weekly emails to remind 1 Stop Title, I am well aware that I have been scammed and will never see my money.

Within 24 hours of my realization that even though I did every thing I could to protect myself, I had been defrauded, I was filing complaints with BBB of MA, BBB of Pa, FBI, FTC, Postal Inspector, Attorney Generals of MA, PA, SD and the Pittsburgh PA computer crime division.

Pretty much everyone said gee thanks for the information, but too bad , so sad , here's how to prevent getting taken in by a scam. DUH been there done that.  Just today I did receive a call from the PA attorney general's office nicely wanting to tell me that they pretty much couldn't do anything but didn't want to just blow me off. Nice lady.

BEWARE:::::::::: 1 STOP TITLE and WORLDWIDE MANAGEMENT GROUP

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/10/2012 01:17 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/1-Stop-Title/internet-Pennsylvania-15222/1-Stop-Title-David-Mitchell-Candice-Weir-James-Dunn-ESCROW-FRAUD-internet-Pennsylvania-953449. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on 1 Stop Title