Complaint Review: 1) Tw Eauction, 2) Pacific Webworks, Inc

• Submitted: Tue, June 24, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, June 24, 2008

• Reported By:Cedarhurst New York
1) Tw Eauction, 2) Pacific Webworks, Inc
230 West 400 South, 1st Floor Salt Lake City, Utah U.S.A.

1) Tw Eauction, 2) Pacific Webworks, Inc TW eAuction or Pacific Webworks, Inc - Beware of this scam's fraudulent charge to your credit card Salt Lake City Utah

While checking my banking activity online, I noticed a charge from "tw/eAction Salt Lake City" in the amount of $59.90. They did not have their phone number listed with the charge. I did not remember any such purchase on my part so I contacted them and the woman with whom I spoke said that I had signed up for their "internet consulting service" and that after an initial trial period, the charge is $59.90 per month. I asked her what email address the purchaser had used when making this transaction and she responded that they couldn't confirm because no email address had been listed by the person who made this purchase online. I immediately notified her to cancel my account, which she did and confirmed had been done by email back to me with a confirmation number, but refused to refund the two $59.90 charges that had been applied to my credit card/atm card. She told me to file a fraud report with the local police dept and then send the report to her and then I could maybe get a refund. I put this company's name in a Google search and came up with hundreds of links to stories identical to mine. BEWARE OF THIS FRAUD/SCAM. They claim that they provide support in increasing your online business activity/revenue. The scarry part is that they at one time had (and might still have as far as I know) a direct link to this scam on eBay's service. The woman who handled my call in customer service says that people simply don't read the terms and conditions of their company's charges when they sign up for the trial period at a nominal charge of about $5. In my case, I NEVER signed up for anything and apparently, someone illegally used my credit card number and this company failed to realize - or intentionally didn't care - that it was a fraudulent use of my credit card which should have been obvious when they couldn't confirm the purchase via an email confirmation. The Salt Lake City Chamber of Commerce should look into this company and hopefully will after I contact them regarding this tomorrow.

Ira in cedarhurst, ny
Cedarhurst, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/24/2008 05:16 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/1-Tw-Eauction-2-Pacific-Webworks-Inc/Salt-Lake-City-Utah-84101/1-Tw-Eauction-2-Pacific-Webworks-Inc-TW-eAuction-or-Pacific-Webworks-Inc-Beware-of-343828. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on 1) Tw Eauction, 2) Pacific Webworks, Inc