Complaint Review: 1 Way Photo

• Submitted: Tue, July 22, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, July 22, 2008

• Reported By:Houston Texas
1 Way Photo
5409 18TH AVE Brooklyn, New York U.S.A.

1 Way Photo - Lenses N More BAIT AND SWITCH SCAMMERS Brooklyn New York

Warning: Don't buy from, One Way Photo, and scammers like them. I wished I knew about (((Redacted))) before I found One Way Photo website and purchased from them. I GOT BAIT AND SWITCHED! So I did some research to help fellow consumers.

If you find a price for an item that is significantly lower than other places, beware of the bait and switch scam. There are many similar camera outfits in New York area that will rob you blind.

My experience: I saw One Way Photo website and their prices look very appealing. So I decide to order a Canon 5D body and Canon Speedlite 580 EX II through their website. They sent me an email and asked I called back to confirm my order. (Make sure you don't give them the pin number on the back of your credit card until you get the items you ordered for the price you ordered!!!)

I called them back about 1 hour after I ordered online. They told me I ordered the Japanese model for the 5D. The battery will only work for 20 minutes, etc I told them I did not want that. I was lucky to be able to cancel the 5D. Then they told me I order the 580 EX II but it was not for the digital SLR. They said I needed the digital version which cost me $60.00 more. I wanted to cancel the flash also, but he got pissed and said there was a 10% cancellation fee. So I had to bite the loss and kept the flash for $60 more than what other stores were charging for the 580 EX II.

I went back to their website and saw that they only had a 20% return fee but no 10% cancellation fee. And the low price they had for the Canon 5D, they put Japanese model in small print which was hard to notice. I am not sure if a Japanese model exist for the Canon 5D.

Don't Buy from these scams outfits so we can put them out of business:

1. One Way Photo (AKA Lenses N More)

2. FotoConnection (AKA TVsDepot, TheWizStore.com, ePhotoClub, 1stopcamera.com, Inoax.com, TheNewConnection, Rite Buys)

3. Broadway Photo / A&M Photo World, (AKA Regal Camera, Prestige Camera, Preferred Photo, Royal Camera)

4. Camera Addict

Andy
Houston, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/22/2008 02:40 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/1-Way-Photo/Brooklyn-New-York-11204/1-Way-Photo-Lenses-N-More-BAIT-AND-SWITCH-SCAMMERS-Brooklyn-New-York-354332. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on 1 Way Photo