gently

• Updated: Tue, July 23, 2013

• Reported By: Pam w/ Reliable Handyman — Kent Washington
1 and only locksmith
144-42 jewel ave flushing, NY 11367 Flushing, New York USA

1 and only locksmith- Ami Levi Different prices quoted on phone, then way over charging telling us more then needed to be done Flushing New York

below is the letter I sent to them....

To whom this may concern,

I would like to complain about the service received from your company today. It started with quotes given on phone and Then at different fees when you showed up late.

We scheduled for 9:30. At 9:45 got a call that he would be another hour before he could get there. We told him we could not wait so he apparently changed his plans and came right away.

We were told $15.00 service fee, but when he arrived he told us $19.00, we told him we were told from the web site and on the phone it was $15.00 and he said they were wrong. It is $19.00.

After looking at the lock he stated it would be $350.00 plus tax, cause it was a commercial lock needed for $150.00 and more for the inside part to be repaired. The next lock smith said it was not a commercial lock and that your company is ripping us off.

I spoke with Ami on the phone which lied to many times about his knowledge of what was wrong with the lock. Stating he saw pictures and knows what he is talking about

When I asked him to send me those pictures he did not have them. No pictures existed. He just lied saying he had seen them.

I understand that prices may be different from one place to another. But we were able to have another lock smith out that replaced all parts needed to make it work at the rate $159.00 see below.

Your locksmith was way over priced and your company lied to me on the phone making me feel ripped off. After visiting the BBB bureau I see that is a common problem with your company.

I do not feel I should pay for your service since your intent was to lie to us and over charge us.

The Fees you want to charge are ridiculous. Ami Levi tried blaming the lock issue on the last lock smith that fixed it for $150.00 from 6 months ago. He stated that lock smith jammed  a new lock into place and screwed up the lock and that is why this problem has happened. BULLS**T… the locked had worked fine for the 6 months prior no problems and the only reason this lock was not working was because the alarm system went off when we arrive there was a pin sticking out of the lock. It was not The prior lock smith. Ami has no idea what he is talking about.

I will be disputing the charge and reporting your company to the better business bureau.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/23/2013 01:50 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/1-and-only-locksmith/Flushing-New-York-11367/1-and-only-locksmith-Ami-Levi-Different-prices-quoted-on-phone-then-way-over-charging-t-1069449. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on 1 and only locksmith