Complaint Review: 1) Tw Eauction, 2) Pacific Webworks, Inc

• Updated: Sat, September 05, 2009

• Reported By: Annie — Tucson Arizona USA
1) Tw Eauction, 2) Pacific Webworks, Inc
www.seosupervisor.com Internet, Utah United States of America

1) Tw Eauction, 2) Pacific Webworks, Inc SEO Supervisor.com Google Links scam hijacked membership fee from my bank account Internet, Utah *NOTICE..!! this ripoff has nothing to do with Google search engine - many rip-off businesses use the Google name to fool consumers.

I have been looking for work for over one year.  On the general job search sites there was an ad claiming to provide information on earning money by placing Google Ads.  I was interested in finding out information on what this was all about.  A kit could be order for $1.97.  So I signed up.  That was 8-5-09.

My kit finally arrived a week later.  On August 12, 2009 my account was charged $79.90.  I had used my debit card for the initial kit.  I had noticed the pending charge on August 11, 2009 so I went to the bank to find out some information on the charge.  When I went to the bank they had no information.  The next day the charge was on my account.  I contacted the fraud division of my bank.  They initiated a fraud investigation.  I was called a day later and was told that they contacted the company and that I had agreed to the charge when I sent for the kit.  I contacted the company and they told me that this information was in their "Terms and Conditions."   I was supposed to have a 7 day trial period but it took 7 days to get to me and on the 7th day, the charge was on my account.  The bank refused to dishonor the charge based upon their investigation.

I called Pacific Web Works 800 number and talked with a supervisor.  She referred me to the website www.seosupervisor.com This website was not the one that I signed up under.  It did not have the same information.  The website layout NEVER tells you that after 7 days you are automatically a member subject to $79.90 monthly charge in letters large enough to bring it to your attention.  They hide that information in very small print in their terms and conditions.  By the way, if you don't call the 800 number and cancel, they will continue to bill your account.  Of course, my debit card was cancelled because I filed the fraud complaint and I was sent another one by my bank.  If I hadn't done that or called the company they would still be billing me.

I filed a complaint on the Federal Trade Commission website.  Just last week I heard on television news show that other companies are scamming the public like Pacific WEb scammed me.  I have checked out other ads I found, clicked on the very tiny "terms and conditions" box and found that each company has a different monthly fee.  Unfortunately, I picked the one with the highest monthly fee.  One was as low as $39.95.  My recommendation is that anyone who has been scammed by this company to file a complaint with the FTC.  They won't do anything unless they get a large number of complaints on the same company.  Right now Money Tree is in trouble with them for the same scam.  Consumers Unite.  I am hoping that if the FTC can determine this company scammed us, that we can force our banks and credit card companies to give our money back.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/05/2009 10:35 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/1-Tw-Eauction-2-Pacific-Webworks-Inc/Internet-Utah-/1-Tw-Eauction-2-Pacific-Webworks-Inc-SEO-Supervisorcom-Google-Links-scam-hijacked-mem-490842. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on 1) Tw Eauction, 2) Pacific Webworks, Inc

Pencil