Complaint Review: 1000 Pugs

1000 Pugs
San Francisco, California United States of America

1000 Pugs Frolic Photgraphy Where's our pictures? San Francisco, California

*Consumer Comment: No images received either

*Consumer Comment: Patience, after a year?

*Consumer Comment: I feel this was a scam....

*Consumer Comment: True No Images Received

*Consumer Comment: True!

*Consumer Comment: False!!

*General Comment: Get your facts straight

Nine months ago I, and a thousand others paid $60 to have our pugs picture taken. We were promised online access to the pictures and inclusion in a book, 1000 pugs. As of yet there have been few pictures posted on-line. Of those posted, the quality is poor. Repeated requests for a progress report have been ignored, or answered with threats that the pictures would not beforth coming or they will be "poo" and we would have no further recourse.

I have repeatedly contacted the photgrapher through her blog, Daily Puglet, the results have been threats and warnings that I need to wait and keep my mouth shut.

At this point I have given up any hope of seeing either a product or my money returned.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/05/2013 01:46 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/1000-Pugs/San-Francisco-California-/1000-Pugs-Frolic-Photgraphy-Wheres-our-pictures-San-Francisco-California-1023903. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on 1000 Pugs

No images received either

AUTHOR: Rileysmom - ()

I, too, have not received any images for over 1 year now.  (My pug's photoshoot was in April of 2012.)  I have sent a few messages to the photographer over the past year.  None of them have been threatening or demanding.  In fact, they were polite and nice.  I was just simply asking for an update or information. I received no response whatsoever.  I did receive a link to the online gallery of photos from the shoot in my city on February 23, 2012.  However, my pug (#213) was not in this bunch nor have his pictures appeared to date.

I think I have been very patient and would simply like the photos that were part of our business agreement.  The terms of this agreement are posted on the www.1000pugs.com website.

Since I volunteer with the local pug rescue that was set to receive the money (SEPRA), I can confirm that they received their $10,000 donation sometime last year.

Patience, after a year?

AUTHOR: Tammi Miller - ()

I have been very patient and understanding of the photographer's 'health issues' but time after time we are asked to wait, and wait, and wait. It has been almost a year since the photo shoot in Seattle and I am still waiting for the photo gallery of the Seattle Center shoot to be available online. I DO know that the Seattle Pug Rescue received their portion of the funds, so I have been more lienient than some, but really, it comes down to a consumer wanting what they were promised, which we have not received. I am truly sorry if Amanda has had health issues or is overwhelmed with work, but that is not a valid excuse for non-delivery of services promised.

I feel this was a scam....

AUTHOR: PugMom - ()

I paid $50 for my pug's photos to be taken for inclusion in the "1000 Pugs" book.  I went to the meetin place and the photos were taken.  I was told "after Portland" I would get our 3 promised photos emailed to us.  That was early May of 2012.

I have yet to receive ANY photos whatsoever.

All there has been on Amanda's blog is excuse after excuse on this project as to why it isn't progressing.   She received at least $65,000 TAX-FREE between payments for the photo shoots and the kickstart event (which she is also being investigated for) --

Any negative comments on her blog are deleted.  The album that my pug "should" be in hasn't had new photos added for a month.  If people dare to complain about the lack of communication or photos they were promised and PAID FOR in advance, they are threatened by Amanda's online "friends".

I feel that I have been scammed.  $50 is a lot of money to me, not to mention I would love to get $65,000 TAX FREE dollars ---- I also heard that some rescues who were promised donations did not receive them -- giving the rescues money was a big part of the reason I wanted to be a part of this whole thing.

I find it amazing that Amanda didn't have too many "health issues" to take everyone's money, but when it's time to deliver the product- she has all these horrible health issues.

True No Images Received

AUTHOR: BennieTheManPug - ()

It's been a year and no images.

Late February I received an email with link to my city's gallery. It appears 10 ish pugs have been uploaded. Not mine.

The agreement was three images. Three weeks. One year later I have not received my images. In the past week, in the past year I have emailed and phoned. Nothing.

I want only what I paid for.

True!

AUTHOR: Lilly - ()

The initial report is all true.  On her website, www.1000pugs.com, the photographer stated we would have our proofs emailed to us within 15 days after our photo shoots.  My shoot was in May 2012 and I still have not gotten my proofs.  We paid $50 to her for a photo shoot of our pug, 3 proofs and a spot in the photographer's book "1000 Pugs".  Communication has been lacking greatly, updates were not given until NOVEMBER 2010.

She never mentioned we should check her blog, www.dailypuglet.com for information pertaining to our photos, only that we would be emailed.  I did not know about the website since I was never told.  Bottom line:  the photographer collected at least $49,950 TAX FREE from 999 people.

$10,000 of that was to go to local pug rescues in the areas where the photo shoots took place.  Not all rescues have received their money.  In exchange for our $50, we were promised 3 print-quality proofs 15 days after our shoots and a spot in her book.  As of yet, I have gotten nothing.  Emails are not returned, the blog only posts positive comments, and the Facebook page 1000pugs no longer allows us to write on the wall and inquire about our photos.

False!!

AUTHOR: jmnivert - ()

Too bad you were just so impatient you had to write this ugly and incredibly untrue statement. All the San Fran photos have been posted. My photos aren't even up yet, but I have faith they will be soon. I have this thing called PATIENCE. You should try it sometime. It's not like she can respond to 1000 emails individually. She's also stated you can opt out of even being in the book and receiving a refund if you're so inclined. Please, do that so you're negativity stays out of the awesome 1000 pugs book.

#7 General Comment

Get your facts straight

AUTHOR: Pugpalgal - (United States of America)

First of all you paid $50 for your photoshoot just like the rest of us. There has been a progress report available on the 1000 pugs website for approximately 2 weeks and this was stated on the Daily Pugs blog several times. I find the quality of the photos quite good but that is in the eye of the beholder. I do not believe there have been any threats that the pics would not be forth coming except in your negative mind. Stop spreading lies.
Marcie