Complaint Review: 1040 Tax Biz

• Updated: Tue, October 23, 2012

• Reported By: Taxman1964 — Nationwide United States of America
1040 Tax Biz
5901 East 38th St Indianapolis, Indiana United States of America

1040 Tax Biz www.1040taxbiz.com lied about helping us be successful with there company we lost money. Indianapolis Indiana

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Owner's Respond

*Consumer Comment: stop the whining

*Consumer Comment: long time user of the service

*Consumer Comment: REFUNDS

*Consumer Comment: Nightmare

*General Comment: Transparent? I think not!

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: They Use Smoke And Mirrows

*Consumer Suggestion: Due Diligence report

*General Comment: YOUR OWN BUSINESS

We signed up with 1040 tax biz thinking that they will help us with the tax business. We were completely wrong.  They hardly trained us to do returns and they had little to no training on obtaining customers. This was a complete waste of time and money.  Not only did we not do a lot of returns but 1040 tax biz took a large percentage.  I advise you to run and run far away from this company.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/23/2012 05:07 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/1040-Tax-Biz/Indianapolis-Indiana-46218/1040-Tax-Biz-www1040taxbizcom-lied-about-helping-us-be-successful-with-there-company-we-958649. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on 1040 Tax Biz

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Owner's Respond

AUTHOR: harold warden - ()

1040taxbiz has been has been in the Tax preparation business for 20 plus years.  We have worked with and helped Thousands of individuals open tax offices in that time.  It concerns us when we find comments like this posted.  We take serious our reputation and our quality of work.  It is difficult to respond and work with these issues when they are posted anonymously and are vague in their accusations.  We question their source and intent, are they real?, or are they competitors doing harm, if they are real please contact us direct we do value our clients.  We will not use Rip off Reports services to address these complaint as they charge a large fee for each.  We do not believe this is the best course of action in addressing these.  We have always ask new clients to do their due diligent when looking at us.  We have one of the best reputation in the industry.  Please contact me direct,  thanks

stop the whining

AUTHOR: wilson - ()

I have been in the tax business for over 10 years. I have tried several different services over the years.  The bottom line is this is your business and the tax preparation industry is a hard one to work in.  The clients are difficult, the IRS is looking over your shoulder, and the season is so short.  I have seen so many people come into it every year and then leave.  They do not understand how hard it is to work.  Unless you are dishonest and file bogus returns, it is hard.  You have to be a tax professional, you have to be sales and marketing and customer services.  Companies like 1040taxbiz just assist, you have to make it work yourself. Do not look to blame someone else.  I have had a few bad years mostly at the beginning, it takes time to build a business.  In our industry it takes about three to four years to build your client base.  I used 1040taxbiz about six years ago, I used them for a couple of years and they were fine to work with, I have worked with a lot worst, but after a few years I went on my own.  What I want to say is the tax industry is hard.  I see people come and go every year, do not look for excuses or blame work it.

long time user of the service

AUTHOR: taxnow - ()

I have used 1040taxbiz for three years.  The first year i visited thier location for traning, I thought the training was very good and fun, I enjoyed the people there, vicky the trainer was great.  They had a german shepard there in the office i loved it! The first year was a little slow, but it was me I think I was not used to dealing with the people in family dollar.  I worked with 1040taxbiz in the off season, the next year I did much better.. This last season I swicth to a office of my owned near the family dollar i worked and a lot of the clients came to me.  I do not understand the problem with the promotional items, i never had a problem.  I would recommend these guys, every year I have gotten a better deal from them.

REFUNDS

AUTHOR: anonymous - ()

I must agree with your comment about the promotional items, I experineced the same issue, never received them by mail and then when I called to get my money back I received excuses about them and sent to voicemail.  Before the tax season started I tried to get a refund because the schedule they give you was off my an entire month with meeting the DM in December to meeting my DM after the season started. GO FIGURE

Nightmare

AUTHOR: anonymous - ()

I too was taken by this company with the exact same issues you stated in your post, I have been seeking a way to do maybe a class action law suit or count my losses and move forward and simply educate people on this company. I feel that the contract is designed to rip you off and they are legally doing so and people are unaware of the verbage in the contract. All of the added fees attached to the software makes it difficult to make any money, and not to mention their cut of what you make also. The "freebies" are not free those items cost us and they charge too much for thos items they purchase from China....They need to be spread all over the internet on a daily basis until they learn how to conduct business. No one in that office is professional and you will get as many different answers for as many people you talk to in that office. Not to mention every month they have new employees because they can't keep any....Not sure if you heard the "DOGS" barking in the background when you call them...

#6 General Comment

Transparent? I think not!

AUTHOR: ThanxNay - ()

I am what 1040Taxbiz considers an affiliate; one who paid money to 1040Taxbiz to own their own tax business.  From the start of my relationship with them, things were unclear and messy.  First, their contract was missing a lot of pertinent information that I asked them to add.  Second, they don't seem to have secure relationships with the national retailers that they say you could have your tax business in.  Third, and most important, there is a $139.90 worth of fees that were not disclosed in their contract.

These fees show up when a client needs to use Advent bank to process their refund and their tax preparation fees.  Even when the bank is not involved there is another $45 fee that shows up.  These fees are charged to the tax preparer's clients.  These fees make it impossible for the Affiliate to keep their fees competetive.  I have had to cut my tax preparation fees, which 1040Taxbiz also gets a percentage, in order to keep customers and remain competetive.  The add-on fees are divided between the bank, Crosslink (tax software), Petz Enterprises (company affiliated with 1040Taxbiz)

Their training is slightly Ok, but not sufficient for anyone who is not already experienced doing taxes.  This makes them worse than the big three national preparation companies because although they train their employees, most of them are not ready to meet the public when tax season starts.  I can say this because within my 19 years of experience I have worked for the eldest two national providers.

They seem to be disorganized and do not communicate with each other.  You can ask three different people a question and get 3 different answers.  It seems to me they are attempting to grow their brand but they need to get it together internally first.

Considering my investment to have my own tax prep business, I am in the hole.  I don't completely blame 1040Taxbiz, because I know it takes more time to start and grow a business.  However, my hole would not be so deep if they were not double-dipping with the add-on fees.

I am unhappy with them and will not work with them after this tax season.  I am contemplating suing, due to the undisclosed fees, but haven't decided yet.  I may just lick my wounds and move on.

#7 UPDATE EX-employee responds

They Use Smoke And Mirrows

AUTHOR: DarkKnight - ()

I Too was promised all type of help from 1040 tax biz and all they did was take my money and lie to me about they did not get any information about me but they got the money. when you call Gloria is the owner but they tell you she is the trainer, and she will cover the lie that the sales rep tells you. they make it seem that they realy want to help but as soon as the season starts they never get with you they take all of the charges from your pay and they promis all of the promation items take the money but never send them out and when you call them on it they say that we ran out so then were is the money that was paid for them, they will not tkae your call after you ask for the money back...

#8 Consumer Suggestion

Due Diligence report

AUTHOR: advocacybz - ()

The Advocacy Network completed a full due diligence overview and found that 1040 TaxBz has a strong record of customer satisfaction and also has a standard of service provision that is exceptional. Of course there will always be disgruntled customers, yet this company has created full clear transparency as to the risks involved in the tax preparation business model. This company has provided a clear and diligent path for any entreprenuer seeking to establish their own tax preparation business. The model is fully compliant with all the rules and regulations put forth via the IRS and the model is exceptionally user friendly. The company has clearly disclosed the fact that any income opportunity is dependent on the best efforts of the individual and there are no guarantees of income either implied or explicit. The end analysis is that 1040 TaxBz is a fully compliant and clearly transparent service provider who fulfill all their contractual agreements.

#9 General Comment

YOUR OWN BUSINESS

AUTHOR: BILLMENTOR - ()

1040 Taxbiz is a tax preparation firm that guides you through setting up your OWN business. You have to put the time and effort in if you want to be successful. They will hold your hand at every opportunity and help you to become successful. WE WERE VERY SUCCESSFUL AND WILL BE THIS YEAR AS WELL