Complaint Review: 1&1 Web Hosting

• Updated: Sun, June 02, 2013

• Reported By: Rochelle — Birmingham Alabama
1&1 Web Hosting
701 Lee Rd., Ste 300 Chesterbrook, Pennsylvania USA

1&1 Web Hosting Fraudulent Charges After Account Canceled; Won't Stop Charging Chesterbrook Pennsylvania

Do NOT do business with this company. They are a bunch of crooks just trying to get your money before a class-action suit gets them! They hook you and then, no matter how legitimate your complaint might be, they keep on billing you, and billing you, and billing you. They need to be stopped.

Here is what happened in my case:

I spoke to a very persistent saleswoman who called repeatedly, urging me to go to the 1and1.com website and look at their services. I told her I did not have a business at present but that I might have one in the future (all I had was a domain name). She said she would set up a "fake" website so I could explore what they could offer but that then it would cancel with no obligation. She set up the fake website, using a hyphen between the words of my real domain name, and I was supposed to look at the possibilities. She also wanted my bank routing instructions "so they would have it on file, when I set it up. [continued below]....

....." I never set up a real website because I still wasn't doing business, and of course, I had no use whatsoever for the fake-name website.

Then one day I saw that the company had charged my bank account $59.97. I called the company and they told me I couldn't cancel. I informed them that I didn't want it, didn't need it, had never used it and never would. After much back and forth, I received an email from their complaints department outlining a procedure and saying that they would indeed cancel it effective immediately. This was on March 13, 2013, and I still have copies of all of their emails.

Today (June 2, 2013) I looked at my bank account and they have taken out another $59.97! I went to their website to check the status of my cancellation, and it shows nothing in progress.

I am going to file complaints with Online Fraud Complaints, the Better Business Bureau, the Attorney Generals of both Pennsylvania and Alabama, the FBI Fraud Division, and here at the Ripoff Report. These 1&1 people may have some happy customers, but I'm not one of them. And from the number of complaints that I have seen against them, they have very shady business practices. Stay away from them!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/02/2013 06:45 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/11-Web-Hosting/Chesterbrook-Pennsylvania-19087/11-Web-Hosting-Fraudulent-Charges-After-Account-Canceled-Wont-Stop-Charging-Chesterbr-1055817. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on 1&1 Web Hosting