Complaint Review: 123 Privacy Matters

• Updated: Wed, April 01, 2009

• Reported By:Waukesha Wisconsin
123 Privacy Matters
Waukesha, Wisconsin U.S.A.

123 Privacy Matters taken money off my credit card without my consent, ignored my continous attempts to contact them... Waukesha Wisconsin

My wife helps people find their birth parents for free out of the kindness of her heart. She was having difficulty finding someone's birth brother so she turned to Intellius for help. She signed up for a one time use with a charge of 1.99. The following month we had a charge of 19.95 from 123 privacy matters as well as from Intellius.

She has called emailed Intellius several times and has over a dozen responses from them stating that the weather is too severe for them their customer service to take care of our issue, then she started getting responses from Intellius stating that our email is not on their file (um, our credit card number is so what happened to the email address).

We have both tried called 123 Privacy Matters as well as emailed their customer service and had received no response and were put on hold and seemingly forgotten when we called. I was finally able to get ahold of 123 Privacy Matters today after being put on hold for 32 minutes (yes, I have it here on my cell phone as proof) and was rudely told that it is not their fault that we didn't read the small print and that they refused to reimburse any more than 19.95. There have been months they have taken out several payments of 19.95 in one month.

The total was hundreds of dollars, not to mention the overdraft fees. I have never even heard of 123 Privacy Matters until recently. From my understanding they are a company that watches your credit? Interesting how they are able to do that without my social security number. The entire business is obviously a scam. I will not accept the 19.95, I want ALL of the money they scammed from myself, my wife, and my three children.

Trebby
Waukesha, Wisconsin

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/01/2009 02:47 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/123-Privacy-Matters/Waukesha-Wisconsin-53186/123-Privacy-Matters-taken-money-off-my-credit-card-without-my-consent-ignored-my-continou-439730. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on 123 Privacy Matters