Complaint Review: 123 Privacy Matters

• Updated: Tue, February 17, 2009

• Reported By:Des Moines Iowa
123 Privacy Matters
privacymatters.com Internet U.S.A.

123 Privacy Matters This company charged my credit card without my consent. Internet

*Consumer Comment: You did consent to use of your credit card.

I found a charge on my credit card for $19.95 and the name of privacy matters which I never heard of nor have I given them permission to debit a charge against my card. I could not find a phone number for them so I could only send a reply to their e-mail address. A response was received after I threaten to report them to the Attorney General State of Iowa.

They sent a reply to by email stating that they have acknowledged my cancellation but, they have been silent about the $19.95 initial charge against my credit card.
I am sending copies of my e-mail correspondence as well as advising that there are hundreds of complaints on rip-off reports to verify that I am not the only one who has been ripped of by this company to our state attorney general.

This is a company that is stealing and they need to be dealt with by the fullest extent of the law as this is systemic fraud.

Duke h.
Des Moines, Iowa

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/17/2009 02:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/123-Privacy-Matters/internet/123-Privacy-Matters-This-company-charged-my-credit-card-without-my-consent-Internet-425173. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on 123 Privacy Matters

You did consent to use of your credit card.

AUTHOR: Wilson - (U.S.A.)

Think about it. If you did not provide your credit card number on the website, how else would they have gotten your credit card number to charge you.

Offer Details: Simply click "Submit" on the next page to activate your trial membership in Privacy Matters 1-2-3 and claim your Free 3-in-1 Credit Report and Triple Credit Score! To activate your trial membership in Privacy Matters 1-2-3 you will be charged/debited a $1.00 refundable processing fee monthly and then you can immediately take advantage of the exciting savings Privacy Matters 1-2-3 has to offer! After your 7-day FREE trial period it's just $29.95 per month for Privacy Matters 1-2-3. Remember, you can call Privacy Matters 1-2-3 toll-free at 1-877-993-6264 within the first 7 days to cancel, and you will not be charged/debited. Also, remember to ask for a refund of your $1 processing fee. To ensure continuous service, at the end of your trial period your membership will be automatically charged/debited each month at the then-current membership fee on or about that same date to the credit card you provide today or from the checking account associated with the debit card you provide today. If for any reason you are dissatisfied, call our toll-free number to cancel, and you'll no longer be charged/debited.