flew

• Updated: Thu, August 29, 2013

• Reported By: Jim Ogletree — Winchester Virginia
123 engines
21417 Ingomar st. Canoga Park , California USA

123 engines Eli and Sam BUYER BEWARE!!! FIND YOURSELF A REAL MOTOR COMPANY...THESE GUYS HAVE NO RIGHT BEING IN BUSINESS RIPOFF, VERY POOR PRODUCT, MY MACHINE SHOP CALLED THEIR WORK PREHISTORIC. Canoga Park California

*Author of original report: POORLY....VERY POORLY MACHINED HEADS

First off i am not an ex employee or a competitor of 123 engines...I assure you. I saw where they are claiming that in several cases...I have my receipts.

I bought a motor for a 1995 dodge stealth in Nov. of 2011..Thanksgiving weekend to be exact. the motor came almost 2 months later...it had broken motor mounts actually broke off inside the block. There were several parts that "omitted" when they rebuilt the engine...took 2 months to get those.

Once the car was ready for the road....it lasted 23 miles before a cyclinder went down. The issue was apparently in the heads...3 months later the new heads came and were installed. 1,915 miles and 8 quarts of oil later!!!!...the engine gave up...something broke in the lower end. Up to this point they reimbursed me for 1/2 the extra labor costs to make all of these repairs.

However they did not pay a dime when the 2nd motor....yes...3 months later, was installed. this was the same motor they sent me initially, rebuilt.... my mechanic stamped it...along with the heads...can you believe they redid the same heads 3 times? well, this motor never left the garage was  running a cylinder short...we pulled the heads and sent them to my machine shop. Mechanic there said he NEVER saw a set of heads so poorly done. He called the workmanship on them...PREHISTORIC!! Sam ...their mechanic kept saying it was the lifters...thats why we sent it to machine shop...to prove he was full of crap!! All the while Sam and Eli said they would pay for all this labor. So back the heads went to 123 engines again...and yes...you guessed it...3 months later they came back. we did not have machine shop look at these heads...big mistake...cause the car does run, but not like it should or used to.

total time....1 1/2 yrs!!! now it is almost 2 years since I originally bought the motor. They have NOT reimbursed me as promised. They will NOT answer any of my calls. Sam did once about 2 months ago and said i would have a check in 2 weeks. Since then Sams number is no longer in service and Eli is too much of a scam artist, and wimp to return my calls. And obviously NO CHECK for almost $900.00.

I should have gone with Jasper or a few other companies. I spent nealy $10,000 on this motor...could have had a Jasper motor put in for $6,000 and been on the road in a few weeks!!!! This company is flat out a rip-off...perfect candidate for this site. I think it time to lawyer up!!  I dont get how a company like this can remain in business. Thats a crime in and of itself. I am not even going to say BUYER BEWARE.......BUYER RUN!!! DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THESE SCAMMERS AND LIARS.

FOR THE RECORD...I bought a 1992 stealth twin turbo with just 77k on it in mint condition for $6500 a year ago when I got tired of 123's crap. AWESOME car. Got divorced and gave the ex the "problem motor" car...she has borrowed a friends car cause it wont run worth a crap. total miles since nov. of 2011.....3600.

Hey Eli....you have my address, You know who I am. I hope your checks are better than your word and warrenty. One more thing...I am a business owner and have a couple secretary's with nothing better to do than spend a couple hours a week bashing 123 online. will I hear from you before you hear from me AGAIN??

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/29/2013 02:41 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/123-engines/Canoga-Park-California-91304/123-engines-Eli-and-Sam-BUYER-BEWARE-FIND-YOURSELF-A-REAL-MOTOR-COMPANYTHESE-GUYS-H-1080262. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on 123 engines

POORLY....VERY POORLY MACHINED HEADS

AUTHOR: Jim Ogletree - ()

ONE MORE THING...when heads went to machine shop...Machinist said they were bored WELL over specs...thats what happens when you machine heads 3 times!!! These guys are total losers!!