Complaint Review: 123DJ

• Updated: Fri, June 28, 2013

• Reported By: Upset Customer — Collierville Tennessee
123DJ
2201 S Union Chicago, Illinois USA

123DJ AKA Minimax Electronics False Advertisement - Bait and Switch Chicago Illinois

On the 123dj website they have listed the M44-7-H Turntablist Cartridge which is pre mounted on a Technics head shell.  What I received was a M44-7 cartridge and a Stanton headshell.

When I spoke with the representative this morning, June 28, 2013 at 11:20 am, he told me that they, 123dj, no longer carries that item and have not in some time.  When I explained to him that the item is listed on their website and I expected to receive what I ordered he told me that they need to remove that from their website.  He proceed to try to sell me on the Stanton head shell.  I went ballistic on this dude.  I have been DJing for close to 30 years and using Technics 1200's for most of those years.  I wouldn't put another company's head shell on a Technics turntable.

What made this even worse, I talked to one of their shipping people earlier in the week because they didn't have the UDG cartridge case and they wanted to know if I would take the Shure case instead, which I did. [continued below]....

.....  If they didn't have the Technics head shell with the Shure cartridge pre mounted on it, why didn't they tell me then?

I placed my order June 13th, didn't get a call until Monday June 24th that the case was on backorder.  Received the package Wednesday June 25th only to discover the wrong item was shipped.  I feel like this company baited me with the Shure M44-7-H pre mounted on a Technics head shell on their site then sent me a garbage head shell.  I guess that's not fair to Stanton so I'll take that back, my apologies.  I just expect to receive what was advertised and what I ordered, period.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/28/2013 09:47 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/123DJ/Chicago-Illinois-60616/123DJ-AKA-Minimax-Electronics-False-Advertisement-Bait-and-Switch-Chicago-Illinois-1062840. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on 123DJ