Complaint Review: 123Engine

• Submitted: Tue, December 18, 2012
  • Updated: Tue, December 18, 2012

• Reported By: Alan — Roxborough Colorado United States of America

123Engine Blew through about $3500 and the engine dies after 1500 miles , Internet

After 3 months of fighting to get my warranty fulfilled, I've given up. I've spent WAY too much money for a non working engine. My wonderful saga with 123engine began in August after I encountered a spun rod bearing... log story short, the new engine was installed and I got the oil changed at 500 miles. At around the 1500 mile mark on this engine, I started to hear a knock while running some errands. I started back home and the knock got louder and my car lost pretty much all power. The issue is something in the lifters  or something like that. After contacting 123Engine/Eli, he referred me to the warranty dept. I called them a couple times and got no where.

I contacted Eli back, he said that as a sales person, there was nothing he could do but they could help me out by giving me $200 towards a replacement engine, which doesn't even cover shipping from the place, let alone shipment of the core back and labor to replace the engine. My wife even called and talked to them a couple times, to no avail.

I've given up talking to them. They either 1, ignore you, or 2, hope that you go away. Geez, at least man up and refund my money if you're not going to fulfill the warranty.

Also, there's no way I can take legal action as it's pretty much a dead end. Way to do business Eli and company, you're ruining people's lives here. Thanks for that, I owe ya one! :)

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/18/2012 03:11 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/123Engine/internet/123Engine-Blew-through-about-3500-and-the-engine-dies-after-1500-miles-Internet-983926. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on 123Engine