Complaint Review: 123notary

• Submitted: Wed, December 11, 2013
  • Updated: Fri, December 13, 2013

• Reported By: Larry — Shorewood Illinois
5850 W 3rd St Unit E #365, California USA

123notary / Jeremy Belmont THIS SITE IS A WASTE OF MONEY, tust me when I say you'll be very unhappy with this site & Jerremy Belmont Los Angeles, CA California

*Consumer Comment: 123notary.com - Jeremy Belmont - Carmen Towles

I was recently listed with 123notary for the last few years. Last year I paid $120 for what was suppose to be an upgraded listing. This past April I decided to do a search in the same way hiring individuals and schedulers do.

I was shocked to see how inaccurate and useless 123notary is!

When I search using my home zipcode, I was 6th in the list. The first 5 weren't even near my zipcode and from areas 37-48 miles away. When I searched the adjacent zipcodes to my home zipcode, I wasn't even listed! All of the adjacent zipcodes are 4 miles or less from me and I searched 0-11 miles. Can you imagine paying for a listing and not even having your name show up? What do you think this would do for your business?

I contacted 123notary asking for an in depth inquiry, I knew there just had to be a problem, as this couldn't be the type of service anyone expected from a company.

Below is the response I received.

From: 123epayment
Sent: 2013-04-30 16:20:25
Subject: In depth inquiry

Hi Larry,
The coordinates for our zip system can sometimes be off. It is not a perfect system. Please do not expect it to be perfect. thanks
jeremy belmont
123notary manager

My reply 4/30/2013 @ 4:50pm (personal information redacted and typos corrected)

Jeremy, your coordinates aren't only off, they are grossly off and useless. When someone searches my zip code and my name comes up 6th and the first five are 37-48 miles away, you have a problem!

The zipcode adjacent to mine is 1.8 miles away. I am not even showing up on the 0-11 miles in this zip!

Here are some other examples; other adjacent zipcodes, only 2.4 miles from me, 3.5 miles from me, 3.2 miles from me, I am not listed in the 0-11 miles in any zipcode that's adjacent to mine, all zip codes less than 4 miles from my home.

Please tell you are able and can correct these gross issues with the quality of your website.

I await your your reply.

Neither 123notary or Jeremey Belmont were professional enough to answer or address my respose to his explanation for the poor qaulity of his company. His company just left me hanging with a useless listing that I had paid good money for. I felt very fustrated. I felt as though I was scammed and robbed of my money!

I never heard from 123notary or Jeremy Belmont, until it was time for him to get more of my money, asking me to renew. This time he wanted $260 for the same useless listing I had last year for $120. I reminded Jeremy how my listing was showing up when my zipcode was searched. I also reminded him how I wasn't even showing up at all in my adjacent zipcodes. Jeremy Belmont's response;

This was said in a very unprofessional and arrogant way!

Needless to say, I didn't renew. I didn't want to feel like a fool again and stay with what I felt was a useless company that I felt was doing a dis-service to notaries.

I have since started sharing my experience with other notaries, hiring parties and schedulers about 123notary, Jeremey Belmont and how inaccurate I feel his company is.  I have also suggested that they use Notary Rotary and Notary Cafe, as I feel these sites might better serve them as well as the notaries. When I do a search in Rotary Notary and Notary Cafe I feel they are most accurate, deffinately less expensive!

After sharing my experience and Jeremy's responses, many hiring parties have told me they do not want to waste their time with inaccurate searches and will start using the other sites. What this means to other notaries is, 123notary may not be the site to generate work from. From what I can remember, I really wasn't getting much work as a result of listing with 123notary, I think I now understand why?

If you are reading this and have had similar experiences and feelings about 123notary and Jeremey Belmont, I urge you to share them in a seperate complaint here and with everyone else that wil listen. Notaries deserve to know and stick together!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/11/2013 05:39 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/123notary/5850-W-3rd-St-Unit-E-365-California-90036-/123notary-Jeremy-Belmont-THIS-SITE-IS-A-WASTE-OF-MONEY-tust-me-when-I-say-youll-be-ve-1106064. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on 123notary

123notary.com - Jeremy Belmont - Carmen Towles

AUTHOR: BringTheNoise - ()

123notary.com is owned by this a****** scumbag named Jeremy Belmont and his ghetto side kick Carmen Towles. Basically they hard sell the clueless notaries of the world that dream of making a good living being a mobile notary and loan signing agent.

90% of mobile notaries are women looking at a part time gig or second income and these woman have never owned a business in their life before. So they get on notary forums and other clueless notaries say join this, this and this notary directory to generate work for yourself.

One of those is always 123notary.com

Now back even a year ago 123notary.com was a good place to list your notary business, Jeremy and Carmen were typical California arrogant jerks, but you only had to deal with them once a year at renewal time so it was worth the pain of dealing with them.

What happened in the last 6 months is Jeremy has literally extorted money from little old ladies and clueless notaries that don't know how to advertise, do SEO, social media or generate business for themselves. And he knows this, so the a****** triple to quadrupled every listing price is has nationwide!

Let me repeat that TRIPLED to QUADRUPLED his rates overnight with no justification, just because he can. We're talking a $120 annual renewal becomes $360 or $480 and he requires (how convenient) you pay the whole year upfront no monthly or even quarterly billing.

So he forces you to pay or kicks you off his site, where you're supposed to be able to put a free listing up. So in essence he and his ghetto sidekick are black mailing notaries now. He knows if most notaries lose their high listing they'll go out of business or severely hurt their business.

My advice learn how to generate leads and business for yourself and not rely on any one entity, and use the money you'd regret spending with 123notary.com on Google PPC, because that's all Jeremy does. He takes your money and he uses PPC and then holds you hostage.