Complaint Review: 1800 PetMeds

• Reported By: Steve — Little Rock Arkansas United States of America
1800 PetMeds
Pompano Beach, Florida United States of America

1800 PetMeds Pet Med Express Counterfeit Product concern Pompano Beach, Florida

*Consumer Comment: 1800 PetMeds is actually more expensive..

*Consumer Comment: 1800 petmeds is a joke

I have been reading all kinds of reports about how this company buys fake 'product' from China and India packaged to look like the real product (like a fake Rolex).  I am worried about my own dogs and called them and they REFUSE to tell me where they get their products!  I called the manufacturer of my pets' meds (Heartgard and Frontline) and was told by Merial who makes these products that they DO NOT sell to these people, and WARNED me not to use them - they are crooks.  Now I am worried that they have poisoned my dog - lots of Chinese products have melamine which causes kidney failure and other problems.  Please do not use them.  If you have bought anything from them - SEND IT BACK and go through another pharmacy or your vet.  Everyone needs to know how awful this company is.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/15/2010 05:07 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/1800-PetMeds/Pompano-Beach-Florida-/1800-PetMeds-Pet-Med-Express-Counterfeit-Product-concern-Pompano-Beach-Florida-623351. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on 1800 PetMeds

1800 PetMeds is actually more expensive..

AUTHOR: SamSam26 - (United States of America)

If you google other pet pharmacies you'll find others out there that are actually cheaper.  I normally go to a couple of the pharmacies and see what the prices are, after I'm done with my comparison I google for online coupons.  A lot of times, I'll get the special the particular pharmacy is using plus an additional $ or % off my purchase.

Pets are expensive regardless, but it's cool to save some money (which my savings always goes towards more treats...haha)

Good Luck!

1800 petmeds is a joke

AUTHOR: jd - (United States of America)

Could not agree more. I emailed 1800 petmeds a while back asking were they get their rimadyl. I know that rimadyl is manufactured by and only by pfizer, but I was curious what 1800 petmeds would say. They would not answer me! I emailed them several times and every time they sidestepped the question. Why would they do that? Because they either get there medication illegally or it is counterfeit.