Complaint Review: 1800Buys

• Reported By: David — Lakeville Minnesota
1800Buys
11 Sunny Slope Terrace, Internet United States of America

1800Buys 1800Buys.com Total ripoff..... Stole our Money, Internet

I went to 1800buys.com and after shopping around for my dining set, choose to do business with them.  I in turn had called and spoken with Alex, whom assured me they are an up and up legitimate supplier of fine lines of contemporary furniture with good savings.

I placed my order over the phone and waited for arrival which was about 3 weeks.  Much to my disappointment, the quality of the glass table, with slide out extensions on each end, were sub par quality and due to workmanship, were not able to work properly.

No legs for the six dining chairs were included either.  Upon contacting Alex again, over the phone, apologies were made and replacement guarantee was verbalized.  We repacked the table only, and contacted 1800buys so as they could arrange pickup, at their expense, to ship table back.  As we were to also be contacted by the shipping company for arranged pickup.  That took two weeks, with myself finally having to call several times, as 1800buys did not really set it up.

Our new table was to ship from 1800buys after they received the defective unit.  A month went bye with no response from Alex or 1800buys.com.  After another cxall, Alex stated they still had not received our defective table but confirmed with the ship company that they had picked it up, and would issue us our new table, along with our missing chair legs.  He even sent us tracking #.  Freight company in turn tracks 6 times that order was not available to pickup, 1800Buys.com site is down, and no company phone line.  We got scammed by $1500.

I am just beginning with this.  I will contact Visa, Secretary of State for MN and NY, as well as commerce departments.  This whole process was from mid Jan, 2013 until now finding out today, April 23,2013

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/23/2013 11:57 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/1800Buys/internet/1800Buys-1800Buyscom-Total-ripoff-Stole-our-Money-Internet-1045527. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on 1800Buys